Are you hand-writing your practice essays? (1 Viewer)

Are you hand-writing your Practice Essays?

• Yes

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
P

pLuvia

waterbottle said:
i am handwriting mine but because they get messy and scribbly after the first page or so of super-high-speed-writing, i am re-writing them before i hand them in. that way i get the information in my head twice and it's easier for me/my teacher to read.
i type mine up first then read ova it.. then memorise then just keep on writing it.. pretty stupid but it works for me and thats all that counts :p

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i always hand-wrote my stuff --> i think i write a lot faster than i type and definatey spell better! it IS an advantage to be able to write quickly in exams. Remember, the more you practice doing it the better you'll get. I understand that people's hands can get sore when you suddenly start doing a lot of writing, but think of it like you would sport - you wouldn't stop playing a sport just because your legs started hurting from running would you? Most people find that they get sore hands, remember, you're only going to have to put up th it for a few hours and that's it.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Gavrillo said:
I'm typing in my HSC, so I type in my preparation.
Same. I practiced typing* a couple of practice ones before the trials.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Also remember that the lines in the HSC booklets are much bigger and therefore, your writing can be more relaxed - not so squished.

I think the paper is smoother too, which assists in speed, but that could be just me :)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
silvermoon said:
i always hand-wrote my stuff --> i think i write a lot faster than i type and definatey spell better! it IS an advantage to be able to write quickly in exams. Remember, the more you practice doing it the better you'll get. I understand that people's hands can get sore when you suddenly start doing a lot of writing, but think of it like you would sport - you wouldn't stop playing a sport just because your legs started hurting from running would you? Most people find that they get sore hands, remember, you're only going to have to put up th it for a few hours and that's it.
my teacher used the the sport analogy too lol. she doesn't accept typed things (except assessments)

yeah, i hand write my practice essays (not that i write many :p) to get my handwriting speed up. i never remember things that i type.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
lol, i just made up sports analogy as i typed...perhaps i know ur teacher??
yeah, in english we always had to handwrite everything except major assessments or long essays too. better than science tho, they always made us handwrite everything, no matter how long it was. i once had to handwrite a 47 page genetics assessment for them, took forever! (then again, should have started writing long before the day before it was due huh ;) )

X

xeuyrawp

silvermoon said:
yep. that was a damn long assignment. hand was killing me after writing it up. *frowns* all the diagrams had to be hand-drawn too which was not cool at all.
47 pages....? Are you serious...?

I suppose that's better than the only 20 pages that I typed recently, which had like 130 footnotes. The constant moving back and forward from the keyboard to the mouse (at the conclusion of the footnote, to click back into the text) gave me RSI for about a week and a half. :'(

Yay for Classical history with its copious amounts of texts.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
yep. 47 pages on...uh...cystic fibrosis and current genetic therapy treatments i think - or, well, that was the general drift anyway.
heh. totally off-topic, but I love footnotes *huggles footnotes and endnotes* they've always made my life easier.

X

xeuyrawp

silvermoon said:
totally off-topic, but I love footnotes *huggles footnotes and endnotes* they've always made my life easier.
Omg, then you will love this. The word count was like 2500, and my first draft had in excess of 3000 words, so I just stuck it in the footies. Our teacher was so lame about footies, and didn't care about us putting actual content in there.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
omg, classic doll! footies are the best invention of all time (obviously, apart form the marshmallow: that goes without saying). So many people just don't care if you have content in them, which is such a blessing :D

HSC
N/A
Um, if the point is to increase hand-writing speed for use in the HSC, what's the benefit of tryping practice essays?

rachael230

im typing my first few practice essays, and when im confident enough with the content i'm going to start writing under time restrictions.
im scared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)