Are you happy with what you are currently studying (at USyd)? (1 Viewer)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I didn't say chemistry is bad. I meant no comment, would you like to add anything to that.

It's OK SeDaTeD, you didn't miss anything, go back to sleep.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
happier today now that holidays loom ever closer. My course isnt so bad, but it is hard. oh to lounge on the lawns, and drink coffee with random people.... twould be the life!

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
sarevok said:
I absolutely despise Microeconomics and I hate how assessments are being geared toward the international students. My commerce degree is also more boring than expected so I'll probably transfer to Comm/Arts next year.
"If I had only one hour left in my life I would pick Microeconmics so it would last forever."

I read this on a desk in a leacture theatre the other day.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
"If I had only one hour left in my life I would pick Microeconmics so it would last forever."

I read this on a desk in a leacture theatre the other day.
they stole that from the econometrics blue book.
Myths about ecmt:
If i had one hour left to live i would pick econometrics .....

I love that page. It's so false. "Econometrics is fun! Not boring at all."

sarevok

HSC
Hard to believe, but Microeconomics is 10 times more boring than Econometrics. Well, if you're De Roos' stream, anyway...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i like micro but we had de roos for a lecture once (damn you dennis lol) and my God! his monotone was good to poke fun at for the first 5 minutes but after that.....zzzzzzzzz

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I went to see dennis in a consultation, but he wasnt there and there was one other guy with me...

He went into de roos' room (was a dennis student) and asked for help, basically the reply he got was 'are you my student? if not then get lost'.

*shakes head*

That said, Dennis' over-zealous lectures put whatever little life there is into the limp, lifeless body of economics.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
haha yeah, his fanatical grinning and expression of delight over property rights almost made me laugh out loud in the lecture

then again, he had that manic grin when we discussed price floors...tariffs...tax revenue...and esp game theory

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I thought his MB rendition was quite stirring.

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
de roos is stupid, if u r not his student, he wont answer u qs,damn................i wen to his office last friday, and he just said that go and ask ur lecturerl........errrrrrrr

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
what MB rendition?
I meant when he first started with economics and he was talking about MB, that part of the course was very rich with the flailing arm movements and what not.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
tax was one the most animated topics. Hold one thing constant (holds finger) and adjust the others (insert manic grin and wiggling of other fingers) ROFL

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Comm/Law is shit. I can't see anything practical about the subjects. I should have done Aero Engineering.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
first year law subjects are vague and shitty across all unis i hear. They teach u introductory crap that you think isn't practical...like the history of law.

but it gets better. plus comm/law is very practical. :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
first year law subjects are vague and shitty across all unis i hear. They teach u introductory crap that you think isn't practical...like the history of law.

but it gets better. plus comm/law is very practical. :)
If you want to end up working over files for large amounts of money for the rest of your life it may be pratical :p

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Yeah, cause let's face it we all know how useless law is.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Komit said:
Comm/Law is shit. I can't see anything practical about the subjects. I should have done Aero Engineering.
I assure you you'd be saying the exact same thing had you done so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)