are you planning a transfer? (1 Viewer)

MoNNiE

HSC
yay i'm the first to post! :)

[okay must make post relevent]

anyways i was thinknig of tranferring into biomedical engineering/mechanical at unsw; but before the deadline for uac i hesitated with applying since i had doubts i would perform well in the course. in the end i never applied. [ though i still want to do it]
Anyone had a similar siutation?
on the other hand how about those who applied for a transfer, what did u apply for and why?

:eek:

edit: i hope you get into the course you all want ^-^

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
i wanted to do an internal transfer

but looks like i will be waiting till end of second semester to do it

i'm still praying to fucken past all my exams from semester one

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
My transfer plans are far too complicated (I should write a program to explain the reasoning) but to keep it simple, I'll say I'm applying to Medicine and Law (I love both, but medicine is my ultimate goal). Failing both I'll take Nanotechnology and apply for graduate medicine.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i want an end of year transfer to Occupational Therapy.
no mid year offers for it.
so im happy to stay in BSc for another few months.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i want to transfer from comm/sci to straight commerce. but i still have to go through uac and all that, so its annoying.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i transferred from animal science to vet science, i did it through UAC but i also had to do the stat test and show evidence of work experience. i had to get a distinction average in 1st yr animal science coz its so competitive to transfer in, but i made it, yay me!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Originally posted by ...
i wanted to do an internal transfer

but looks like i will be waiting till end of second semester to do it

i'm still praying to fucken past all my exams from semester one
triple D... what you planning to transfer into? im worried about not passing as well...and i gotta go out of my shitty course...i got two comp subjects next semester...and i need to pass comp just to get into one of em...

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Orange Juice
triple D... what you planning to transfer into? im worried about not passing as well...and i gotta go out of my shitty course...i got two comp subjects next semester...and i need to pass comp just to get into one of em...
B Com-accounting

yea, i reckon i might pass 115. But others, fuck

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by ...
B Com-accounting

yea, i reckon i might pass 115. But others, fuck
just wait 19 more days till you decide your future.... accounting is a gpa of 2.0 which is just all passes...

as for me, i'm attempting another trasnfer.. hahaha... in 2 years i would of started 4 degrees, thats including the combined degree i hopefully get to trasnfer into.. :p

santaslayer

HSC
I wanted to transfer from UoW BComm/LLB to the same course at UTS but then I got invited to a lecture there and I didn't really like it so... maybe I'll try next year someplace else. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Don't let a single lecture bring you down - try to get a feel for the whole course and institution. After all, every faculty has its "bad" lecturers.

(I'm not trying to plug UTS, this is just good advice in general)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
ezzy85 said:
i want to transfer from comm/sci to straight commerce. but i still have to go through uac and all that, so its annoying.
are you sure? have you asked the relevant admissions offices at UNSW?
because you can internally drop from a BCom/BA to a straight BCom at the commerce student centre...maybe science has a different process

Ziff

HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
I wanted to transfer from UoW BComm/LLB to the same course at UTS but then I got invited to a lecture there and I didn't really like it so... maybe I'll try next year someplace else. :)
Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha Mr UoW isn't all that devout after all is he?

So, in theory, it's easier to do an internal transfer than a cross-institutional one right?

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
i was considering transferring to a bachelor of design (visual communication) at newcastle. but i like avondale, so most likely will just complete the degree here and do a fourth year (honours) in viscomm at newy...

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Transferring between universities - from Monash, Gipps, to Monash, Penninsula. I don't think I'll be allowed, purely b/c I am starting my uni education at dip. level. Only thing I know I need credit average to make it into the full degree. ;)

brad616

HSC
i transferred from animal science to vet science, i did it through uac but i also had to do the stat test and show evidence of work experience. I had to get a distinction average in 1st yr animal science coz its so competitive to transfer in, but i made it, yay me!
well done

brad616

HSC
Yes

UAI= 91.95 (with bonus)
GPA= 5.00

Hoping for: Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts @ Sydney University

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)