Are you ready for the exam?? (1 Viewer)

hayleyl

HSC
I feel i am ready for the exam except for belief systes:mad1: which I struggled with in the trial

So are you ready for the exam on Monday? :confused:

Slewpy

HSC
Ha ha...

I can safely say that I'm nowhere near ready mainly because I've only done about 20 minutes study since the trials.

And got gen. maths tomorrow so won't be studying till at least Saturday.

Oh well...we all win in the end! gl everyone.

:.* Mardi *.:

HSC
Haha, I'll be ready sunday night before, as long as you define "ready" as "I've done a tad amount of study."
I generally go okay with Society so I should be okay. I'm -still- dreading what mark I got for my PIP.

MBF

HSC
Umm I'm not looking forward to it all. I've forgotten basic terms since trials, and if I get a question I am not ready for in the depth studies then I am screwed.

Would they specify a theory of social change? Or can I learn just the one?

Also does anyone know how I would answer this question:

Analyse the impact of ONE belief system on the wider society at a national and global level, supported by a discussion of the research methods used in your focus study of that belief system.

N

noir.

They never ask about a specific theory so you can talk about whatever one you know best.

I also asked my teacher about how to answer that question: Analyse the impact of ONE belief system on the wider society at a national and global level, supported by a discussion of the research methods used in your focus study of that belief system.

basically talk about how the belief system has impacted on the wider society, and also talk about how you found out information - any excursions you went on, articles you read etc

MBF

HSC
noir. said:
They never ask about a specific theory so you can talk about whatever one you know best.

I also asked my teacher about how to answer that question: Analyse the impact of ONE belief system on the wider society at a national and global level, supported by a discussion of the research methods used in your focus study of that belief system.

basically talk about how the belief system has impacted on the wider society, and also talk about how you found out information - any excursions you went on, articles you read etc

I'm doing Islam so I can basically just talk about the stereotypes perceived, how they have caused change in Australian society, and yeah. It seems like a fair general question so I'm just not sure how to target it effectively

I hate SAC and the range of questions they can ask you, too much to learn.

N

noir.

MBF said:
I'm doing Islam so I can basically just talk about the stereotypes perceived, how they have caused change in Australian society, and yeah. It seems like a fair general question so I'm just not sure how to target it effectively

I hate SAC and the range of questions they can ask you, too much to learn.
I'm also doing Islam, and yes, you can talk about stereotypes, media perceptions, and the effects it has had on the global muslim community. Don't forget examples!

• cronulla riots
  • various terrorist attacks
  • technology and its role in creating these perceptions

MBF

HSC
noir. said:
I'm also doing Islam, and yes, you can talk about stereotypes, media perceptions, and the effects it has had on the global muslim community. Don't forget examples!
  • cronulla riots
  • various terrorist attacks
  • technology and its role in creating these perceptions
Fair enough, thanks.

How did you make your notes for Islam? I made mine from the excel book but I swear that book goes off the syllabus many times and is full of irrelevent information.

Does anyone have an idea on what a good raw mark for the paper is, like what the cut off's would be for band 5/6

MBF

HSC
Anyone know how you would answer the question

Describe the nature of the traditional society and culture [with reference to a country you have studied]

mufti

HSC
You need to just describe traditional society in your focus country. I do Vietnam so I'd just talk about religious beliefs, traditional family etc.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Weee, I feel prepared, except for the first section because the actual syllabus defs always fall out of my brain at the last minute. Islam is definitely awesome, there's so much to talk about, its easy to structure the essays logically, and (in my case anyway) the other stuff I studied ties in well on a few dot points too. Can't wait to get this one out of the way :)

Seconding the question about raw marks.

jkluio123456

HSC
oh god i really don't feel prepared - i had the crapest teacher, gave us no help at all. plus i have mathematics on monday morning before society - aarrhh!!! :eek:

COhex

HSC
I always find SaC to be one of the easier exams... Don't know why, I reckon a lot of it is just knowing how to explain certain words when they appear :S

Lani89

HSC
Ok so you know how they give you 2 options within each depth study you do - one will be on the topic in general and the other on ONE society etc? Well I was looking through past responses and some people have only used one example for the general question. I wasn't sure whether than was allowed cuz I thought that if you only had one example eg. Rock and Roll for Pop Culture, you had to answer the question specifically asking for one example. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

apologue

HSC
Yeah. I asked my teacher this. It's best to touch on three. You can focus on one, but you should make mention of at least two to get 19/20.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
The marking criteria most probably has something about utilising a "wide range" of examples. It's excellent if you can link it to your focus study by comparing & contrasting, or looking at how your specific examples interact with one another. Three should be fine, I imagine, any less might be risking it, even if it's just a mark or two.
The second question is for when you can wax poetic about your focus study :D I love those, I can never decide which to use. But I'm usually more comfortable with the second one.

CHRISSY89

HSC
My school didn't even finish teaching the syllabus, *sigh.. I am so not ready :(

bleu

HSC
Hi everyone,

I've just started year 12 and do SAC. I'm doing a Belief Systems assessment task at the moment. It's a research task where you must choose a belief system and then fulfill the dot points & requirements.

I've choosen Islam, and yes, there is SO much information on it, a lot of it contradictory. Anyway we also have to do the dot point:

Examine the impact of the Belief System on the wider society at a national and global level.

I'm finding it really difficult, out of all the info i've got, to narrow it done to the important points. Can anyone help me? By giving me some headings/points to work with?

It sounds like some of you have got heaps of notes of Islam, i don't expect you to post them up here, you're probably far too busy but if you could..even the briefest of notes that would be GREAT!

anyway, please if you've got some ideas? THANKYOU!!:)

Good luck with exams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)