Are you still going to attend school AFTER the trial exams? (1 Viewer)

Are you still going to attend school AFTER the trial exams?

• Total voters

WannaBang?

HSC
Given we've completed the entire course for each subject come trial exams, I'm going to ditch school and just take off the days leading up to the HSC. The days after the trials are just going to be revision, and I don't want to be distracted off my studies which will more than likely happen if I stay at school. Anybody else going to take off the days leading up to the HSC?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
no.
im going to need my teachers way too much for my freak outs leading up to the hsc.

bonus is in staying post trials, the majority of shitty people wont return, and all the good people can work hard
=]

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
personally i think you'd be a fucking idiot to not go, it's perfect revision time. i would just procrastinate if i wasn't at school.

Twilight25

HSC
Yeah definitely not. I need my teachers to help me while i also annoy the crap outta them.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
WannaBang? said:
Given we've completed the entire course for each subject come trial exams, I'm going to ditch school and just take off the days leading up to the HSC. The days after the trials are just going to be revision, and I don't want to be distracted off my studies which will more than likely happen if I stay at school. Anybody else going to take off the days leading up to the HSC?
Rarely any schools ar able to finish all the subject syllabusses IMO.

Every year we always have 1-2 3unit topics to go and 1 4unit topic left after trials.

On top of this, chem/phys is MASSIVE and thus - we wont' finish it.

But that's 3-4 weeks post trials.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
tommykins said:
Rarely any schools ar able to finish all the subject syllabusses IMO.

Every year we always have 1-2 3unit topics to go and 1 4unit topic left after trials.

On top of this, chem/phys is MASSIVE and thus - we wont' finish it.

But that's 3-4 weeks post trials.

qft
its the same with most hsie subjects

Muz4PM

HSC
What? Seriously, why wouldn't you go? These are probably the biggest exams of your schooling life (yeah, I know they aren't the end of the world) so why wouldn't you want to work your arse off in those weeks, get as much practise as you can for the HSC?

WannaBang?

HSC
Muz4PM said:
What? Seriously, why wouldn't you go? These are probably the biggest exams of your schooling life (yeah, I know they aren't the end of the world) so why wouldn't you want to work your arse off in those weeks, get as much practise as you can for the HSC?
I am going to work my ass off prior to the HSC, but I think I can be much more productive if I study at home or at the library.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
what the fuck? not going was never even an option for me.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC
If we've completed the syllabus I'll stay home and only go to school when I need help with a specific topic.

Revision has to be very broad and accomodating to everyone when you do it after the trials in your class.

Muz4PM

HSC
WannaBang? said:
I am going to work my ass off prior to the HSC, but I think I can be much more productive if I study at home or at the library.
I just re-read my post and my words may have come across a little terse. However, the library does not have the teacher on hand to give you a hand if you have problems where as at school all you need to do is put up your hand and get help.

WannaBang?

HSC
kattty said:
highly unlikely if you are spending weeks at home.

edit: unless you have anal asian parents.
Trust me, when I have exams I can't just steer off my studies and start bludging, it just doesn't happen. And no, I don't have Asian parents
Asian kids with Asian parents = :cold:

THANK THE LORD MY PARENTS ARN'T ASIAN! (no offence to Asians)

WannaBang?

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
qft
its the same with most hsie subjects
These abbreviations absolutely shit me! Can you give me a run-down of the most common abbreviations used on this site?

WannaBang?

HSC
kattty said:
im not being.. well i cant think of the right word.. but whatever.

but how do you know??

how long will it be between trials and hsc.. a whole term.
I know that it doesn't happen because I have had long periods off school before an exam. A whole term is great! 10 weeks of solid study! What else can you ask for?

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Lol, I always wondered what qft stood for.
Cause I'm heaps smart -facepalm-
It all makes sense now =)

But I hadn't even considered not coming back.
It quite literally had not even occured to me lol.
I don't know that I'd be motivated enough though.
Hm.

WannaBang?

HSC
kattty said:
10 weeks of bludge please.
I'm saving that post HSC!10 weeks of catching up on sleep, hanging out with mates, clubbing, Queensland, etc etc. :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I've got 7-8 weeks of school left after the trials, and I doubt we would have finished any of the courses in class yet.

WannaBang?

HSC
yer8899 said:
yes. our school will not have completed the entire hsc course by then plus i will have a few assignments to do. and btw OP, if you do stay home for the 7 week period after the trials, your absentee record is gonna look pretty shit (to employers)
Please! Do you actually believe that bullshit teachers try to push onto you about how employers won't look to favourably upon absenteeism? I guarantee you, the only thing future employers will care about or look at are your Uni marks, and possibly your UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)