Are you working during the summer break b4 uni?? if so ... where?? (1 Viewer)

T

timbk2

keep in mind.... its not a long holiday when u think about it.
time flies like crap during this time. u get your results.... then new years...... then u deal with your uni preferences and crap like that.... and then u see what choices u got and what u dont have, then u read all these booklets about your course and uni...... then u go to some orientation days or a camp (UTS IT CAMP ROCKS). and then uni starts.

what do you think.

im jess

oh this summer better go mighty long!!!!!
ill be 18..... free......... and hopefully having a good time!!! it better go very very very long

T

timbk2

the more u want it to go lonnnngggg... the shorter it will get
my advice.... sleep at 2am.... wake up at 7am.... and just bum around at the beach the whole day.

im jess

done and done :)
hehe

and the best thing to do ever is go to the beach at 2am in the morning!!! we did that allllll last summer !!!!

dissonance

hmmm, how bout sleep at 2am and wake up at midday.......oh yeah, I'm already doing that this holidays....it'll still be nice to do it again without the guilt factor...

fatmuscle

HSC
work at coles
nightfill =)

MUST COME TO UTS and do IT

Tim and I, as well as our fairly large group, will all be at the camp, keeping you ppl awake, making you all do crazy dares!!!

Lee

i want to go to uni at canberra which will make it hard for me to get a summer job....i think i'll probly have to do nannying for a while because then i won't feel guilty if i leave when uni starts!:)

and er..timbk2.....does crap fly?

dissonance

well I was hoping of getting a little job in a cd store or somethin related to that.....I haven't really done much about it yet. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

T

timbk2

the pay at pizza hut is shockin. . . although pay shouldnt really matter..... . we all want money dont we?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i'll be working as a waiter in a thai restaurant during nights, and kitchenhand at some oldies place during the day. but not before i go to schoolies and overseas and stuff. and i have this nida interview sometime too.

PSsylockE

I've never worked b4, and i want to work in the break b4 uni, doin sumthing simple, at say woolies,,
i know nothin bout workin actually,
should i be lookin for a job now, or wait till i finish my exams?
how much is the usual pay per hr for a 17/18yr old, at sumwhere like woolies or kmart?

ta:)

Lee

don't go to woolies!~!whatever you do not there!!it's awful!!!maybe as a stacker or soething but nto a checkout op.it's also pretty minima; wages there....when i was 15 i got paid $5.20 or something so i can't imagine it would be much more....maybe 8 or something

PSsylockE

ok ta not woolies then,
got any suggestions for an easy/simple job with alright pay?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i wanna be an extra...

i wanna be an extra. apparently the pay is ok, and of for nothing else, the experience. and you don't even need to know how to act (if you are an extra who has spent years in acting school for it, now is the time to shoot my argument to bits).

alternatively, you could get into a pyramid scheme. or donate your kidneys. or someone else's if you like yours.

on the subject of kidneys--

24 beers in a case.
24 hours in a day.
coincidence? i don't think so.

skeepe

unless your lucky, I think you'll find that most places you can get a job will pay on or close to the minimum wage, which is around $10 for an 18 year old on casual I believe.. I get $8.69 but that's part time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)