Argh. (Monash) (1 Viewer)

jennylim

HSC
Ok, I applied and got an interview...and naturally, there is the case that I had an appalling interview without knowing it...but here are my marks:

UMAT: 196
UAI: 99.55

And I didn't get a place. How the HELL can I make UNSW if I can't make Monash!?!??!?!! *cries* Anyone else in a similar predicament?

kartman

HSC
did you try for a uni that doesnt require an intreview? I know umelb doenst need an interview.

whats the deal with unsw? does it reuqire an interview?

but yeah a friend of mine didnt get into monash with a ENTER of 99.85 cause his intreview wasnt great.

goodluck

lum

HSC
my frd got 178 UMAT and 99.05 uai, got into monash, guess he aced his interview

fluffy

HSC
N/A
jennylim said:
Ok, I applied and got an interview...and naturally, there is the case that I had an appalling interview without knowing it...but here are my marks:

UMAT: 196
UAI: 99.55

And I didn't get a place. How the HELL can I make UNSW if I can't make Monash!?!??!?!! *cries* Anyone else in a similar predicament?
Don't worry.. I didn't make it to UWA and Adelaide Uni, but I made it to UNSW instead ^^; I think it's a matter how much the interviewers like you :S

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
its NORMAL!! lots of Sydneysiders at other med schools..

yeah each school is different..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Most of the med students who have stayed on the forum (as opposed to disappearing) are Sydney people interstate. :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yeah i kno.. hmmm to the original question...

u cant compare schools lik that.. cos Monash is very competitive and appealing due to cost of living.. and schools reputation..

wait and see if u get UNSW.. dun jump the gun yet

jennylim

HSC
thanks guys!! i was just a tad worried...especially cos i thought i went better in monash than unsw...argh. but i guess it could've been different depending on what the interviewers wanted. hmm.

Wakaveli

Happenin Muthafuka
HSC
lum said:
my frd got 178 UMAT and 99.05 uai, got into monash, guess he aced his interview
They asked me an 'obscure' question bout sumfin I read up abt (with regard to AMA policy) - got lucky. N-e-way I didnt get UNSW, and I considered that interview as my best...

nellyei

HSC
are these umat scores are the scaled ones or the percentage ones?

saz24

HSC
ye hey, i got unsw (bonded), monash and newcastle offers with enter 98 and umat 186. unsw interview was prolly my worst one, i didn't think it went that bad though its so hard to tell. Anyways i wasn't expecting first round monash offer, il be goin ther, it was my first pref since the beginnin, so im glad it worked out. Gud luck to everyone else

jennylim

HSC
hey hey,

those scores were my raw (to whoever asked)...and yeah, i actually ended up getting UNSW medicine!! (DFEE in main round and CSP in late...which was nice.)

anyway congrats to all u who got into places, and best of luck to those trying this year!!

Hurri

HSC
congrats jenny on getting your first pref:D !!!

wow Saz, looks like you must of NAILED those interviews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)