ARGH @ PHYS syllabus changes for next year (1 Viewer)

SpLaTHoWA

Bite me.
HSC
omg not fair >.<
they killed all the parts that we hate in the 2003 physics syllabus!

X(

umm.. hello.. what's left to learn?!

Seriously, why the hell are they changing it?! If it's good enough for me to do, it's good enough for everyone else to do
Hmph, unfair!

I say BOS is due for a bombing
Anyone know where I can hijack a plane? (or maybe two..)

(ha! thank the lord jeebus for tv--otherwise, people might've thought i was a terrorist, now they can just think i'm influenced by tv :D must not blow cover)

T

tekster

Woohoo! This is great news for me.. just starting year 12 today!
Anyway. I read through the changes for both Physics and Chemistry; seems like they've taken a MASSIVE chunk out of both. *phew*

funkydish

we shoudl get our physics marks scaled heaps higher now ... this is so not fair.

we should get higher standing in the physics community lol. :p

Dario

HSC
Originally posted by tekster
Woohoo! This is great news for me.. just starting year 12 today!
Anyway. I read through the changes for both Physics and Chemistry; seems like they've taken a MASSIVE chunk out of both. *phew*
Haha, too bad you won't get the trimmed down syllabus ! That's because it begins for the Year 11 course in 2003 and for the Year 12 course in 2004.

kaseita

so since they trimmed down the syllabus, that means they can ask harder questions can't they?
cause now they don't have to ask such broad questions to appeal to the whole syllabus
or does it just mean that physics is going to be even easier than now?

Jellymonsta

I think they cut the syl. down because there was just too much material to cover in the time we have. so i dont think the standard of questions is going to alter much... they'll just be less that they can ask about.
hmm but then again theyre cutting out bits from everywhere... so they wont be able to ask as many questions that require detailed responses.
bah ill be able to lean back and nod sagely by the time it comes into effect :D

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Yeah well...

t'BAD!

But seriously, I'm kind of indifferent about this. The way I see it is that everyone in your cohort is at the same level and everyone in our cohort is as well. Sure we'll have less to cram at the last second, but still. And I personally would've liked to learn about all that stuff they cut out under projectile motion.

But seriously, I don't think it's as rigid as you've perceived, like for example, I took a glimpse of the cuts for the prelim course I did and I can't believe how stupid it is. They cut out "Waves are carriers of energy" I mean for crying out loud, such things are common sense! Even if it isn't, it should still be noted. The people making these cuts are obvious lunatics.

Jellymonsta

Chudymaster, you miss the point that your cohort does not benefit.
As Dario mentioned, the changes come into place for the 2003 prelim and 2004 hsc. i seem to recall that you said you were in yr 11 (y 12 now i guess)... and if thats the case u don't benefit :grinshak:
but u said that thesyllabus for us is interesting, so u should be happy that you dont have to miss out on learning interesting stuff :haha:
and if i am mistaken, and you are only in year 10 now... why are you in a HSC forum at all?

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
No, that's wrong.

Jellymonsta,

I ignored that previous statement by Dario because that is not the case. It is in fact in effect for year 12 now. My teacher i teaching us in accordance with the amended syllabus.

I need written proof by you or anyone to substantiate such claims. - otherwise, my school may be a tad stuffed.

And no..I am in year 12...just started in fact...

T

tekster

The new syllabus is for 2003 Preliminary and 2003 HSC if anyone has even bothered to goto the BoS website to read everything properly. Also, both my Chemistry and Physics teachers were talking about this ammended syllabus, so I'm definite it's for year 12s who have just started the course.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Well I know i did!

Ok, I didn't read the whole thing...but I read all the annoying - but relieving cuts...

Sorry Jellymonsta, maybe next time, hehe. ;)

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Well...

MAYBE NEXT TIME. Good luck anyways.

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW...cough...splutter...
:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)