Arht1001 (1 Viewer)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Did anyone do ARHT1001 Art and experience?

whats it like? Im considering taking it as an elective next semester.

and the handbook says something about a practical "art workshop" thing ... what's that about?

thanks

dangerousdave11

HSC
N/A
Hey, I did this course last year. I really love the subject, but I thought the course was quite badly organised. For me the main problem was that we received no feedback from either assessment, just raw marks.

Art workshops are separate practical units at the tin sheds (architecture and design fac.). As far as i know you can do them if u have previously studied an art history subject or if u are currently studying one.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I did this course last year. I really love the subject, but I thought the course was quite badly organised. For me the main problem was that we received no feedback from either assessment, just raw marks.

Art workshops are separate practical units at the tin sheds (architecture and design fac.). As far as i know you can do them if u have previously studied an art history subject or if u are currently studying one.
How is the workload?
How difficult is the subject?
Are the lectures interesting? cause i know they have them late on mondays.
Do they focus on the architecture? or is it more about paintings and sculptures and stuff?

dangerousdave11

HSC
N/A
it broadly covers all the art in pre-modern western history (sculpture, architecture, painting, etc.) but you focus on a particular period for your essay and there is an image test (but i think they've changed it now to a tute paper). I didn't find it particularly difficult, lectures were boring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)