arias - jet. (1 Viewer)

Ellie-Bee

HSC
i love jet's music but i really didn't like them (as people) at the arias. i thought they were really pretentious and full of themselves. thoughts?

spell check

HSC
Ellie-Bee said:
i love jet's music but i really didn't like them (as people) at the arias. i thought they were really pretentious and full of themselves. thoughts?
that's what happens when talentless hacks get too popular because the majority of people are shitheads and waste their money on cds by talentless hacks

they won't last though

Brad

I wanted someone to say.... and the award for the single of the year goes to.... Iggy Pop, lust for life......

It was good how they thanked like You Am I and Magic dirt and those badns, which are the ones that deserve the recognition..... And they commmented on how good Dallas crane and Dan Kelly are..... they weren't that pretenious though.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
jet are full of crap and are unoriginal. i hope that doesnt sound like tall poppy syndrome either, because im pretty sure they are talented musicians themselves.

the arias were rubbish again, its a place where record companies collectively indulge in corporate greed by flogging their 'stars'. like the best album of the year had to be eskimo joes' slab and the best newcomer was DC by far.

tractor_chic

HSC
N/A
hey i like jet and think they are good people too so :p 2 all of u who don't!

by the way i also like alot of the other bands nominated and im glad the idols weren't nominated and dicko can stick an aria up his arse if he doesn't like it!

IAmNotFat

fortunately, in a house and not a gutter. near en
HSC
rock!

ok, so I didn't really dig jet because I, too, thought they were just a product of pop music America, aka Australia!

but after watching the ARIAS I saw that they didn't really give a crap! they had the attitude of ROCK! And I don't mean the attitude that a band puts on when they wish they were rock, and are going for the pop-rock market (which they simply call rock). If I meant that, I'd be talking about Avril and Good Charlote!!!

And they're music is alright - yeah, it's all been done before but at least they know it! When they were interviewed at the ARIAs and asked about thier mass fame throughout Aus, and the US the front-man dude said "Our songs are just about how many times I can scream 'Yeah' and "C'mon" ". So at least they're real...

ps - cricket (or whatever) - I like your style!

Candypants

I don't like them, I would never buy their album, but their songs are catchy, and kinda cool. I'm not a rock chick at all but I like some of their songs.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
I don't care if they are pretentious, most super stars are so why whinge about it?
exactly. and more so, rock stars. thats how they are, in general.. comes with the image. jet are probably on the lowest level of pretentiousness.. they didn't even seem all that bad to me, anyway. they were pretty funny.. kind of down to earth-ish like true aussies, saying stuff like all their music is about how many times they say "yeah" and "c'mon".. and esp the one that swore all the time, heh funny dude..

grimmo

Fair Go!!

Ok! So Jet are like my favourite band on the planet!….. I do agree that they were outspoken at the arias… But how boring would it be if all award winners were all the same. Jet are a rock band!> they are rock stars… they deserved all the awards they won, and deserved to say what they wanted to, like every other performer who won an award!

Good luck to every1 in the rest of there exams xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)