Army Reserves (1 Viewer)

Riddles

4th Gen. Ford Supporter
good question! u can ask me that if we get there
HSC
A question for ADF

I have an assessment day to go to this weekend where i am to complete myaptitude, medical and psychological tests, plus an interview with an officer. I have found out that i need to know some things about training, etc, for the interview. could u please tell me what an average day consist of during my CRT, and how long IET training is for a rifleman? i have tried to find it, but i am having trouble finding the actual info. thanks in advance

Last edited:

ADF

Sponsor
Thanks for your question. If you are presenting this weekend to Defence Force Recruiting in Parramatta you will only be completing your aptitude testing. In relation to your questions please find the following answers

Average day at CRT - Reveille, Personal Hygiene, Breakfast, Barrack Maintenance, Barrack and Uniform Inspection, Training, Lunch, Training , OR Training, Lunch, Training, Dinner, Training. Your day will commence at 0600 and conclude at 2200h.

How long is IET for Rifleman - 2 x 16 day modules for Reserves and can be done back to back.

You will find this information on www.defence.gov.au or www.defencejobs.gov.au
Thanks

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i find your signature and desire to serve in the reserves an amusing yet perplexing contradiction :)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
what are the minimum terms for being a army reserve?

and how much commitment is there for being one?

ADF

Sponsor
Commitment to the Army Reserves

theone123 said:
what are the minimum terms for being a army reserve?

and how much commitment is there for being one?

Hi there

Thanks for your question regarding the Army Reserves. In the Army Reserve we have so many different types of jobs, with every thing from Public Relations Officer, Nursing Officer to Driver or Rifleman...just to name a few.

Unlike full-time service, there is no "sign on" period for most reservist positions in the Australian Defence Force and your pay is tax free. This means that if you have another job or receiving financial benefits from the government they remain unaffected by tax!

As a general rule, Army Reservisits work one night a week, one weekend a month and two weeks a year. Find out who your local Army Reserve Unit is and go to an information session to find out what types of jobs they have available in your local area. You might be suprised! Also, don't forget that the Air Force and Navy also have opportunities to work as a reservist as well.

The best thing about reserve careers is the social aspect and the first class training. In addition, a large amount of the employment training is civilian accredited and absolutely free.

As for minimum terms...do you mean education standard? or something else?

Check out our website www.defencejobs.gov.au and click on "careers explorer". There is a section labelled "reserves" that will outline all the jobs in Army, Navy and Air Force. Careers Explorer has all the minimum entry education requirements as well as job desciptions, employment locations and more.

However, the best advice I can give you is to book yourself to a Job Options Evaluation Sessions (JOES) where you sit an aptitude test and have a one-on-one interview with a career adviser to discuss what jobs you are eligible to apply for and what you want out of a career. Attending a JOES has NO OBLIGATION and is really just all about finding out your options are. To do this call 13 19 01 and lodge your details, ask for a defence recruiter to be in contact and we'll take it from there.

Good luck

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hi there again, i meant that is there a minimum term you have to stay at the force before allowed to resign. like a causal at retail etc.

ADF

Sponsor
theone123 said:
hi there again, i meant that is there a minimum term you have to stay at the force before allowed to resign. like a causal at retail etc.

As general rule, part-time positions in the Australian Defence Force do not have what is called an "Initial Minimum Period of Service" or a "Return of Service Obligation" which is essentially a sign-on period.

This means that most reservists can resign their job at any time with three month's notice.

There are some part-time positions that DO have a sign-on period, for example, Airfield Defence Guard (ADG) in the Air Force. ADGs have a role that is most similar to Rifleman in the Army. ADGs undergo almost a full year of full-time training and then will sign on to a four-year contract as a reservist. During this four year contract the ADGs work part-time and it easily fits around uni or tafe study, an apprenticeship or a regular full-time job.

Becoming a Airfield Defence Guard Air Force Reservist is an ideal way to use that "gap year" between finishing school and going onto full-time study. ADG reservists get to earn $$$ in a full-time job for a year, setting them up financially for further study (if required) and then the job turns into a part-time job with regular hours for at least four years - longer if they want.

Anyway, if you would like to know more, call 13 19 01, lodge your details and ask for a Defence Recruiter to call you or log on to www.defencejobs.gov.au

Go for it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)