Around 3 weeks to go - what position are you in? (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
jayadore said:
It's 30degrees outside! I want to go to the beach!

I'm going to organise my notes and then study a topic a day. :)
No stress!
Yeah i know! All my friends are at my friends house hanging out by her pool...

I better get a UAI f 110 for this!

samuel slack

HSC
That sucks. I've been pretty good so far (1 day in...lol!!)... but its gonna be hard to keep focussed and not go and hang out with mates. I think I'll just keep telling myself I have like 3-4 months of holidays after the HSC... hopefully that'll work.

bmwz4

HSC
i did 2 past eco papers (2006-2005)...and then i daydreamed...is any1 else thinking "omg how am i going to remember this all"?

williamc

HSC
bmwz4 said:
i did 2 past eco papers (2006-2005)...and then i daydreamed...is any1 else thinking "omg how am i going to remember this all"?
I did a 3 hour course review today for buso. After i finished i just sat there and went "umm what did i just study." Went over it again just then for a few hours and its all sweet.

Just keep going over your stuff and you'll be right.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
i've been studying straight biology for the last 3 days...

and my mind is literally fcuked. :mad1:

and i will continue doing this for every subject until the hsc begins....

and, by that time i will surely be very brain-dead....

but, at least i've learnt more so far in these past 3 days than i ever learnt this past year... >_>"

sooo... overall i'm feeling quite positive about the hsc.... or at least about biology... now that i know some shite. =P

Stephanie55

HSC
I'm in a very very bad position.
I still haven't finished my notes and there is NO WAY I'm going to remember everything.

I'm screwed.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Re: :(

SoulSearcher said:
An honest dickhead :)[comment]Meh, deal with me any way you want to, I don't really care, I believe people shouldn't be judged by what they post on some internet forum but rather the quality of the person in real life.[/comment]
ftw

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
I'm just here to vent.

MAJOR STRESS

I am so not prepared. Studying begins 10am tomorrow. I've given up aiming for the 90's.

redherring

HSC
Stephanie55 said:
I'm in a very very bad position.
I still haven't finished my notes and there is NO WAY I'm going to remember everything.

I'm screwed.
i'm in the same position as you. don't worry about it, you're not screwed.
i do about 4hrs a day, and i need about 90uai, but i don't feel guilty and i'm not stressing.

i have done about half of my notes, but i have a study technique that will help reduce your stress and realise that 10hrs a day maybe isn't the best option;

- learn all the appropriate headings, so, say for pd, know what would come under the ottawa charter, and then once you have done that for all your subjects, then you can start to learn it. Because, at least when you get into the HSC exam, you will know what the question requires, so, you can either learn in detail what comes under each topic or heading/subheading etc or go off what you remember, or, even make informed guesses. the first option would be the wisest, but it still makes it easier when you have clearly established quantities of work that you have to learn. it will help you construct a good plan and will make you feel a whole lot more confident.

i hope it helps:)

also, its been proven that the human brain retains information at an optimal level for one to two hour periods, which must be followed by a (suggested) half hr break. for anyone to do 10hrs a day means that they are actually wasting time as it would be more effective to study for, say, 8hrs, with four half hr breaks in between. anyone doing this much work, firstly, i admire your determination, but YOU NEED TO RELAX! besides, you're putting too much pressure on yourself, it's unhealthy.

Sofstar

HSC
WTF!bbq said:
I'm just here to vent.

MAJOR STRESS

I am so not prepared. Studying begins 10am tomorrow. I've given up aiming for the 90's.
NO. Don't do that. Keep aiming....and study. I should really take my own advice. 15 days! (14 if you do a language)

samuel slack

HSC
Stop mentioning days!! Everytime I see the number of days reduced I think FUCK! I only did 5 hours study yesterday. That means 19 hours of that day was wasted!!

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Bah... i'm so screwed for chemistry.... I was supposed to focus entirely on Chem today, but the stupid procrastinator in me woke up and took over... so.. i announe that i got a total of 4 hours study today.... hence the failing of my logbook..... =(

samuel slack said:
Stop mentioning days!! Everytime I see the number of days reduced I think FUCK! I only did 5 hours study yesterday. That means 19 hours of that day was wasted!!
lol... yes, because us hsc students don't need sleep. :uhhuh:

I bet your'e the type of person who dreams about studying, yes? :D

G

gaoOO

ssejamafone said:
Bah... i'm so screwed for chemistry.... I was supposed to focus entirely on Chem today, but the stupid procrastinator in me woke up and took over... so.. i announe that i got a total of 4 hours study today.... hence the failing of my logbook..... =(

lol... yes, because us hsc students don't need sleep. :uhhuh:

I bet your'e the type of person who dreams about studying, yes? :D
i had dreams about murdering people...

i take it i should stop reading the interesting parts of the Crime section for Legal studies

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC

yeh... im so not ready... but its coming whether im ready or not. i havent even read one of my english novels... pfffft but in the trials i got the highest mark for that essay?!

ssejamafone said:
i announe that i got a total of 4 hours study today....
4 hours???! i wish i did 4! i got about 2.5 eventhough i spent the whole day in my room with my books i still found other more interesting things to do.

Last edited:

kirstenetsrik

HSC

eventhough i spent the whole day in my room with my books i still found other more interesting things to do.
--> yep thats me
even though i try so hard to study i either end up falling asleep or i end up doing something else

:mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)