• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Arranged Marriages (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Did you not hear the meaning of arranged? Or should I repeat it for the special people? If a friend says "oh, that guy would be good for you" or "i think you guys would get along well", that's fine. Arranged to me is when someone does something with or without my consent and makes plans before telling me. That I don't do.

It may be no big deal, but it's my goddamn life. Fucking hell.

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Loz#1 said:
Did you not hear the meaning of arranged? Or should I repeat it for the special people? If a friend says "oh, that guy would be good for you" or "i think you guys would get along well", that's fine. Arranged to me is when someone does something with or without my consent and makes plans before telling me. That I don't do.

It may be no big deal, but it's my goddamn life. Fucking hell.
eeep, i didnt mean to make you mad...was just illustrating my point...sorry!

Last edited:

cko

HSC
apparently, statistically arranged marriages have a lesser divorce rate than 'love' matches. And I guess that in an arranged marriage (my def is when ur parents pressure u to marry someone they picked themselves) it's also got alot of perks like, its got tha parent seal of approval. I mean, That's gotta mean alot, they've been alive longer than we have, have experienced moreand hence pick out characteristics that will actually benefit you in the long term like good job etc

zerzillia

arranged marriages?
well, it could turn out good, if you like the girl/guy. i mean, if s/he was the only person you ever knew and you didn't have any issues while going out, you'd probably end up okay.
though i still believe in the whole soul mate searching thing (yea, i'm a romantic), so i don't want an arranged marriage.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
It was some crazy anonymous allegation that familes in the church district were having children and having children and having children. And none of these children were documented, no birth certificates, no social security numbers, nothing. All of these births occurred within the church district. When they turned seventeen they were all baptised as adult church members and then sent off into the world. They would be given jobs as manual labour or domestic help on a cash-pay basis. Temp jobs that could last for years.

The church district would pocket the cash, and the outside world got an army of clean, honest little Christian maids and gardeners and dishwashers and housepainters who'd been raised to believe the only way they could earn a soul is if they worked to death for nothing more than room and board. The Creedish had just gotten richer and bought more land and had more children. They weren't troubled with paying taxes. According to church doctrine, the most noble you could be was to just do your work and hope to live long enough to show the district an enourmous profit. The plan was little by little to bring about a Creedish paradise by acquiring the whole world an acre at a time.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
crazyhomo said:
It was some crazy anonymous allegation that familes in the church district were having children and having children and having children. And none of these children were documented, no birth certificates, no social security numbers, nothing. All of these births occurred within the church district. When they turned seventeen they were all baptised as adult church members and then sent off into the world. They would be given jobs as manual labour or domestic help on a cash-pay basis. Temp jobs that could last for years.

The church district would pocket the cash, and the outside world got an army of clean, honest little Christian maids and gardeners and dishwashers and housepainters who'd been raised to believe the only way they could earn a soul is if they worked to death for nothing more than room and board. The Creedish had just gotten richer and bought more land and had more children. They weren't troubled with paying taxes. According to church doctrine, the most noble you could be was to just do your work and hope to live long enough to show the district an enourmous profit. The plan was little by little to bring about a Creedish paradise by acquiring the whole world an acre at a time.
Nah its going to be more sophisticated than that. Besides, my children will never pick up a toilet brush in their lives.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Persephone87 said:
Nah its going to be more sophisticated than that. Besides, my children will never pick up a toilet brush in their lives.
well obviously, i'm just demonstrating how it shouldn't be done

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Persephone87 said:
They have to be better than always worrying whether you like them for the outside or the inside...

...too much choice can be bad.
been watching Bollywood?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
three people in my extended family have had an arranged marriage (aunt, cousin, uncle).

If it's what people want i have no problems with it.

I will never have one myself.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Haha my sister started this 4 years ago. How times have changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)