Arrested Development on 7 (1 Viewer)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Forget about the shortened order...

...Arrested Development has been confirmed as AXED in the U.S. Very very sad sad sad news.

I dont blame FOX though. It rated so very poorly, and FOX was losing money since Season 1. They took it to third series, time after time when we expected it to get the chop.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
oh crap, not happy to hear that at all... does anyone know what ep channel 7 is up to in this run? im hanging for the second season to start!

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
I guess at the end of the day we cannot blame Ch.7, or even FOX. They're commercial networks, they've gotta generate revenue, obviously. I just think that there are too few people out there who actually 'get' the show. The plots are witty, the characters are superb, the narration/dialogue are all tops. Looks like the show has become a victim of it's own genius, how sad is that. It's just lame that people would much rather watch some third-rate wayward sitcom/show with canned laughter, than a show such as this.

ps. Seinfeld still rules though.

electric_six

HSC
This show really should get some better air time. Im sure if it did it would be a lot more popular and seven wouldnt have to put it on at such ridiculous hours. It also wouldnt have to be cut off through a season and we wouldnt have to wait a whole year until summer comes around to watch it again. I just hope season 2 comes on dvd quick, it so much better being able to watch the episodes without having to wait a week in between. It really is the best. I love GOB!

Last edited:

ShorTSTuFF

Natalie
HSC
annyong

you can buy season 2 in america, we got it a fair while back, and i still stay up mostly to watch them, just because they are so god damn funny! hopefully channel 7 will run season 3

Darkening

HSC
ND said:
Title speaks for itself. This is one of the funniest shows ever (2nd after Seinfeld IMO), i didn't think america was capable of producing sitcoms as good as this anymore.

Anyone who hasn't seen it and likes comedy that's not the boring and predictable like most of the sitcoms on these days should do themselves a favour and check it out.
I totally agree with you!!! i have all eps of the first 2 seasons!!! tis a shame they not showin season 3 on TV.... its also on comedy channel!!! tobad gotta pay alot more for that :(

ShorTSTuFF

Natalie
HSC
ND said:
Does anyone know if they're releasing the 2nd season on DVD? I picked up the first season for only $20 (!!) at jb-hifi.
ezydvd has it listed to release on march 15th

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Arrested Development, along with Weeds, Battlestar Galatice (the new one obviously) and the holy grail of all TV shows Dead Like Me should be mandatory viewing.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
channel seven have also bought 'my name is earl', its hilarious (nearly as good as arrested development) and it starts jason lee. but knowing channel seven they will no doubt air it at late night

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
Mojoman said:
channel seven have also bought 'my name is earl', its hilarious (nearly as good as arrested development) and it starts jason lee. but knowing channel seven they will no doubt air it at late night

my name is earl is no where near as good as Arrested. Dont get me wrong i love earl, but Arrested is pure Gold.

lDoHl

HSC
Arrested Development is pure genius! I hope FOX or another network picks it up for another season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)