Arrggh how freaking annoying... (1 Viewer)

the.RAVER

HSC
Ok so here's the situation.

Before the end of the holidays I'm required to complete a creative writing task using a visual stimulus as the basis of my text in relation to belonging...

The problem is I've been sitting here looking at each of the 9 images taken from the book "The Arrival" and I still cannot find one that appeals to me. I've been looking at these images for almost an hour.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'd hate it if this happened to me under exam conditions...

lou071

HSC
N/A
I had similar type of assessment.
From about 6 pictures, nothing was really appealing to me
and I had difficulty in picking which picture to base my
story.
what I did was that I just wrote the story (first draft),
then I read the story again and tried to pick which picture
suit to my story. then I made links to picture which I could
find similarities.
Then as the second draft I fully linked to the picture and
fixed a bit of story line as well (just a bit).
then read the story again, fix all spelling mistake, punctuation etc.

just write a story and try to link to the picture.
that is what i did.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
try relate it to an event that have happened to you, i was really bad at creative writing, but my teacher helped me develop a few stories which can be related to many images, which are based on things that happened to me, and my creative writing improved

the.RAVER

HSC
try relate it to an event that have happened to you, i was really bad at creative writing, but my teacher helped me develop a few stories which can be related to many images, which are based on things that happened to me, and my creative writing improved
Yeah that's what I've been trying to do. Although a lot of these pictures are very vintage. Which is the complete OPPOSITE to me in all contexts. There is a picture of a family that I'm thinking I may be able to relate to, although nothing comes into my head story wise.

LordPc

HSC
just write. Its a creative writing so just write whatever comes to your head and go with that. After 45 minutes finish your story off and re read it. If you think it is total crap, try again, but otherwise fine tune the story

its not meant to be perfect just a creative story that shows a controlled use of language

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)