Arrrg Stupid Mistakes (1 Viewer)

monkey187

God
HSC
Every past paper I do I lose the few expected marks on Q9 and Q10 about 6 and then i lose another 10 marks on god dam retarted mistakes like decimal places or units etc...

I already go through the test with a highlighter and a red pen marking all the stuff i make stupid mistakes on but they still seem to come up.

anyone have any tips to minimise the ammount of mistakes made? thats the only thing keeping my mark below 90.

Thx

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
in terms of careless errors just think of the exam as a one time thing. Dont race through it, take each question and check ur answer more than once, just skim thru ur working and that will ensure u get ur marks. I never double check my work, I just do the whole thing thoroughly, got me a 95% this way so I'm sticking with it. In ext 1 it's a little different tho u really need to nail the content so u can perform under exam conditions

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
^^^

when i first saw that, i thought hang on isn't that right?

heh. I make heaps of stupid mistakes during math exams.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Hahah one of my hsc topic test: 36 - 8 = 24, teachers comments on paper: Can you use a calculator to subtract 8 from 36?

nomz

lucyinthehole said:
hey, i'm the ultimate stupid mistakes girl. 12-3=8??? WTF??? that's like yr 2 maths!
haha.. thats like me - 46-3 = 21 and that was in a three unit exam after I did all the hard work I got the last basic calculation bit wrong. I'm well know for my stupid mistakes. The more I concentrate the more mistakes I make. Fully agree- Don't stress too much... although I know thats easier said than done.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i have learnt to use a calculator for eveything!
in my half yearly i made the same mistake 3 times
and it was the most idiotic thing
9-5=3 arghh! luckily i caught it 2 mins b4 the exam finished
and changed two of them

konggo

HSC
hey people for the length of sector of a circle is it l=r(theta)

r- radius
l=lenth of sector

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Where theta is in radians.

My mistakes: I generally take too many shortcuts. I simplify in my head. This is what causes me to lose marks. I'm going to try and write everything out fully now.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
stupid mistakes ruin everyone. u think markers could be nice and take it into consideration. oh well. at least there r carry-through marks!

impulse_17

HSC
but usu u get heaps of time at the end of the exam anyway
well i usu find i finish in 1.5-2 hrs and then i go back thru the paper to check then try and figure out the 'tricky' bits in qns 9 & 10

konggo

HSC
as long as im rite thats good im happy cause i think some did a hugh mistake in the 2003 HSC solutions on this site look at question 1c and tell me wht u think?? is this person rong??or am i just paranoid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)