Art Exams - uh, help, please? (1 Viewer)

verdades

HSC
So yeah, I'm pretty sure that I actually have NO idea how to answer the entire first part of the art exam papers.
And I'm actually not really sure what constitutes a good essay for the second half, either.
So please, help.

And honestly, this actually has nothing to do with me not being able to grasp things in class. We've never actually been shown or told what a decent essay/answer is, for either of the sections. My last exam, I wrote a total of two pages, in very bad style, and got 41/50. I'm hoping that that little bit helps you understand the utter, well, uselessness of my art teacher in terms of theory.

Again, please, help. ^^
Suggestions, tips, links to good previous answers...?

arumisan

HSC
i'm pretty much on the same boat.

though, i have found this helpful - the visual arts excel hsc in a month. you can find it in your nearest bookshop, or alternatively, the library. and here is a link: http://books.google.com.au/books?id...esult&ct=result&resnum=2#v=onepage&q=&f=false

my teacher suggests this for section one:
Section 1 - Unseen plates - this means you may or may not have seen the works before so you need to show your understanding of the Frames, Conceptual framework and Artists practice.

Look at the images presented and read the citations.

Work out what each question is - is it frames - what frame. is it -
Practice - if so what aspects are they asking about - usually ideas and actions.
The conceptual frame question will be asking about a particular aspect - Audience, world etc.

1a) will be worth 5 marks - so a couple of paragraphs
1b) 8 marks - 2 to 3 paragraphs
1c) 12 marks - 4 to 5 paragraphs
these are short answer questions not an essay so use the plates and citations and quotes as evidence in your response.

this is coming from a person who just did their art trials today D:

p.s. - i found this somewhat helpful. it's pretty outdated, but it provides some same responses of all bands for both the exams and bow's.
http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/standards-packs/SP02_15400/

Last edited:

verdades

HSC
Ahhh, thankyou!
Thankyou so much.
That's unbelievably helpful x]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)