art express (1 Viewer)

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
my teacher marks artworks and exams.

she told me in secret today when i signed off with her. that the marks have been officially raised this year for preselection, to about 45 or higher. and even after that they are trying to eliminate artworks. so there we have it. shhhh

Serg01

we all knew it was 45 or higher.. .but as for the ELMINATING artworks... i am just outraged!

piratedebbie

HSC
why the outrage? atleats the ppl that have gotten selected will ahve a better chnace of being in artexpress.... that is f the eliminatiosn ahve meant for a smaller pre selection group

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
I dont like people that get all cut up about not getting pre selected, it pisses me off, Yes you worked hard, but those that got pre selected worked hard too, so rather than bitching, put a sock in it and zip it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I didnt get selected and I put work in it - doesn't mean yours is shit.

It means that yours did not fit in the catergory/theme/criteria/style/whatever that they have in mind for Art Express.

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
I agree juventino, however it is easy for you to say since you were selected! So don't be so harsh on dissapointed people when you don't know what it feels like.

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
Look, from those that didn't get pre selected there are two types of students, the ones that get dissapointed because they put in a decent effort in, but in the end accept the fact that its not what the 'art people' were lookin for this year......thats like good sportsmanship...

THEN.....You get the kids that freakin blame the system, teachers , biased marking, all known saints and all elements of the planet FOr freakin not making it in. To those kids....in the words of John Safrin..i say "Go To Hell".

And no, i'm not pointing fingures here, in fact most of you kids are taken it well, i'm just saying this cause i'm kinda ticked off at some kids from my school that bitched, tought i'd share my toughts ^_^

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
it didnt affect me fromt he start. i said no. thats why my teacher told me.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I didnt get selected and I put work in it - doesn't mean yours is shit.

It means that yours did not fit in the catergory/theme/criteria/style/whatever that they have in mind for Art Express.
If you didn't get selected it means u didn't get over 95.
If you get selected then don't make it into ART EXPRESS it means u didn't fit their 'criteria'.

soso

HSC
N/A
Once you get in to the selection pool it's best to think its like a lottery after that. Each curator has a theme and selects to a theme. A work may be great but if it doesn't fit the theme it doesn't fit. That doesn't mean its not great.

Selection is not about a hierarchy of merit. It's about building a coherent exhibition.

No need to get mad.Do people get this mad when they dont win the lottery?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yep exactly, before the selection pool tho your artworks pretty much ARE being marked to a set of criteria.. this criteria being fairly fair, if you didn't get in to the selection pool it's because you didn't get marked as high. It doesn't meed ur not an 'artist' or anything like that, but i think u should accept it means ur work didn't fit the bos criteria of what a good artwork is and perhaps u should of checked that out more...

soso

HSC
N/A
My teacher told me at the beginning of the year that we were NOT making art as we might understand it but art as defined by the syllabus.

He went on to say if we couldn't accept that that consequences were poor marks.

He suggested that if we couldn't live with this reality then it would be a good idea to choose another subject.

He repeated this message regularly and most often at assessment time. The message made things easier to accept. Students then made informed decisions on what they wanted to do. Less anger, more understanding and we all had a copy of the syllabus

ps

WHo are you calling a jerk?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)