Art Major Works >> Art Express (1 Viewer)

Counterfeit

HSC
Well I just found out my art major work was marked today!!

How long would it be till i find out if i have/haven't been nominated for art express?

Im so bloody nervous! I want to know now! Oooo if i dont get nominated ill be absolutely crushed... but i need to know!

a8o

HSC
How did you know you were marked?

Some of my friends yesterday found out they were shortlisted, so i guess if you didn't find that out, you're no chance of getting in.

Sorry.

Counterfeit

HSC
a8o said:
How did you know you were marked?

Some of my friends yesterday found out they were shortlisted, so i guess if you didn't find that out, you're no chance of getting in.

Sorry.
nonono its not like that :)

The majority of out major works were marked by external markers in our school grounds, only the digital images were sent away.
I rang my teacher today to ask what date that markers were coming, she said that they are marking them right this very second! Theyre at school! now! actually by now they would be finished! oh dear!

Counterfeit

HSC
SOMEBODY ANSWER! I mean somebody must know! This nervous evergy is killing me!

bosby

HSC
Counterfeit said:
Well I just found out my art major work was marked today!!

How long would it be till i find out if i have/haven't been nominated for art express?

Im so bloody nervous! I want to know now! Oooo if i dont get nominated ill be absolutely crushed... but i need to know!
when ur hsc marks come out n y worry about art express u did art for all wrong reasons if thats wat ur worrying about

Counterfeit

HSC
bosby said:
when ur hsc marks come out n y worry about art express u did art for all wrong reasons if thats wat ur worrying about
no, its not when the marks come out, i know that much. Some people allready know, as the marking started on the 24th of october

Ok what are the proper reasons for doing HSC art you smart arse? I repeat HSC!!

In the end HSC visual arts is a course in which the main objective is to get high marks, its not about personally expressing your self for pleasure, its more about personally expressing your self in a way while jumping through the hoops the BOS set up in order to get good marks and get a good UAI so in the future i will be able to afford art supplies...

Getting nominated is a HUGE deal, as if your nominated it means you got over 88%, if i didnt get over 88% i will have to gouge out my eyes with a lino carving tool.

So yes, at this point getting nominated is all i am worried about. Its only natural.

gong-guy

here i am
HSC
art express

here here i totally agree with u ive spent most of my year trying to make my bow the best that i could so that i can get a gud mark and if it was really good to get into art express ive always wanted to be selected from when i seen art express for the first time. my works were sent away and i will find out on friday or next week if i get in so ive been told so fingers crossed. my school had the bow that were not sent away marked on tuesday and my teacher found out who got in or pre selected that afternoon and there was only 1 gurl in my class that got in from the school marking. so if ur work has been marked at school and ur teacher has not said anything im guessing u did not make it in dont worry though cos im having feelings that im not going to get in now and i really did want to so i no how u feel

Counterfeit

HSC
gong-guy said:
here here i totally agree with u ive spent most of my year trying to make my bow the best that i could so that i can get a gud mark and if it was really good to get into art express ive always wanted to be selected from when i seen art express for the first time. my works were sent away and i will find out on friday or next week if i get in so ive been told so fingers crossed. my school had the bow that were not sent away marked on tuesday and my teacher found out who got in or pre selected that afternoon and there was only 1 gurl in my class that got in from the school marking. so if ur work has been marked at school and ur teacher has not said anything im guessing u did not make it in dont worry though cos im having feelings that im not going to get in now and i really did want to so i no how u feel
sigh oh well..

what school do u go to in wollongong? I go to TIGS

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Counterfeit said:
no, its not when the marks come out, i know that much. Some people allready know, as the marking started on the 24th of october

Ok what are the proper reasons for doing HSC art you smart arse? I repeat HSC!!

In the end HSC visual arts is a course in which the main objective is to get high marks, its not about personally expressing your self for pleasure, its more about personally expressing your self in a way while jumping through the hoops the BOS set up in order to get good marks and get a good UAI so in the future i will be able to afford art supplies...

Getting nominated is a HUGE deal, as if your nominated it means you got over 88%, if i didnt get over 88% i will have to gouge out my eyes with a lino carving tool.

So yes, at this point getting nominated is all i am worried about. Its only natural.

Lino Tools arent fun you know.
I'm sure you got an awesome maarrk
I've just started doing year 12, its fun, my art major is gonna be ...hopefully...awesome..and expensive :(

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
There has been heaps written in the Art forum about it.

I got nominated.

This year you only get nominated with marks 45/50 and above, so it's at least 90% if you get nominated.

But apparently they nominate 800 people and only chose about 250 people for final selection, so i haven't got my hopes up that high yet.

Counterfeit

HSC
Egronk said:
There has been heaps written in the Art forum about it.

I got nominated.

This year you only get nominated with marks 45/50 and above, so it's at least 90% if you get nominated.

But apparently they nominate 800 people and only chose about 250 people for final selection, so i haven't got my hopes up that high yet.
congrats :D:D
90 eh, well i expect as much... to have put in so much work and get below 90 would be crushing!
(yeah ok im arrogant... but its not 100% my fault, my teacher and peers keep prasing it and saying im one of the people who are sure to get in.. its only natural i would get a big head)

nwatts

HSC
Counterfeit said:
sigh oh well..

what school do u go to in wollongong? I go to TIGS
You goto TIGS, ey? I know a few Year 12ers from TIGS. Hrmm...

Also, what is your major work? Lino prints, I imagine?

Counterfeit

HSC
nwatts said:
You goto TIGS, ey? I know a few Year 12ers from TIGS. Hrmm...

Also, what is your major work? Lino prints, I imagine?
no lino, it consists of five 100x70cm predominatly charcoal pictures... i just remebered lino carving tools and all the pain they entailed from my early experimenting in yr 11. Seemed fitting

who do u know from tigs?

Robert422

HSC
Major Work

Loved my work, wasnt great as such i meen mind blowing was collage/drawing/sculpture medi so mixed media. Pictures realteing to the 3d construction benief :D love the idea theme on mans lust for war, its evolution through time primitive - modern day affects on society and the growing threst of destruction hopeing for over 80% would eb ahppy witht hat any less and i woudlnt be to happy with it :( do they get scalled btw? any ideas?

Kind Regards

Robert 422

Hope everyone does well and gets the marks they wont and deserve :D

freaked

HSC
Hey guys, hopefully you can help me out.
What (if any) are the rules/regulations for Visuals arts major works and what did you all do?
I'm just interested. Thanks

sampognetta

HSC
i painted on fridge doors, and took photo's of other peoples fridges and set the photo's up like an art gallery. it was pretty funny

samuel™

HSC
yeah i left mine way too late. i compensated quite a lot because of the time i left myself: i had to take the last week off school to get it done.
and so i accepted the fact that i wasn't going to get into art express, and the final result assured me of that...

until my art teacher rang me up and said that i have been selected...

it came as quite a shock, and now as i look at the people who are desperate to get in, and are really pissed off that they haven't, i think to myself: life is good.

Last edited:

Gustus

HSC
A girl from my class got in, and i was pissed not that i didn't, but just that i saw the exact same thing in a home magazine a couple of days later. the worst part was that the magazine was from 1998. ooohhh how pissed i was!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)