• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Art Theory (1 Viewer)

Syria

HSC
does anyone have any ideas.....how i can become better at art theory.....im ok, i just suck at anaylsing artworks ta.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Do you like reading? read lots. Art reviews, newspapers (so you can relate to what's happenign in the world), art books...
i think this could help...

winicat

HSC
the excel art in a month book is really good for easily/quickly grasping the concepts, etc of art -- i totally recommend it. that and the ART NOW books, both senior and junior (cause this one explains it in easier language, etc)

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
You don't really need to buy the "art in a month book". Your year 11 work on the conceptual framework and the four frames should have covered all that. Unless you want to get that book for the sample questions and answers.

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
Are you good at English? Because I find it exactly the same as writing an essay, use lots of descriptive words and examples of artists and artworks. They'll love you.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I would agree with getting the Excel book and also I leant how to do my notes in point form so I didnt have to remeber heaps of stuff (only taking down inportant stuff) I use to also highlight dates, names of artist/artwork and also highlighting important facts in any hand outs u get
Also b4 an exam try preparing a few parm cards with the important stuff that way u have stuff there till the very last minute!

Hope it helps

~Kat~

Yep I agree about the Excel Art Revision book, a huge help, as well as looking at other ppl's exam responses from previous years. I guess it helps if you are ok at writing essays and being able to express yourself in writing... even if it means blabbling on about something you have NO IDEA of. Like for eg, I managed to blab on about some bizarre installation in my Yr 11 Yearly and I honestly had no idea about what the painting was about but I eventually got full marks for that question! I think knowing about art jargon etc also helps.

Igor

HSC
N/A
practice- write a few analyses of art works and stuff, and past papers would be a good idea. and get your teacher to check them. practice will get you pretty close to perfect with art theory

lunatique56

Syria said:
does anyone have any ideas.....how i can become better at art theory.....im ok, i just suck at anaylsing artworks ta.
art really ties in with english so reading alot would help. Try analysing and percieving the artworks in a less literal way but more conceptually and be aware of techniques that can achieve this e.g symbolism, contrast, elemnts of design
importantly, make sure you have a sound knowledge of the art movements, artworks and artists. like the others have suggestion, the art excel book really comes in handy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)