ART TRIAL tips (1 Viewer)

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
Just to provide some inspiration to those who haven't done their trial yet ...

My trial was easy ... and trust me im a pratical person not a theorist ... just some helpful tips .. to remember ..

1. use the time allocated ... i mean literally plan out tha time 10min, 15min and 20min for section one questions and 45min for section two. Now i now many of you think it impossible to write in such allocated times but if u think about it in english u have to write an essay in 40min so an extra 5min is great.

2. Also, consider writing a pre-prepared essay for section two and adapt it .. there are only limited questions they may ask you eg the role of artists etc

3. Use past papers .. now i know some will say awaiting copyright clearance .. but just type the name in images on google and find the picture yourself .. this effort can go along way ..

and lastly ...

4. remember key words for each question .. for example .. practice words include: intentions, technology, materials etc .. when entering the exam make sure you have included at least three of these key words .. they are like a checklist .. also, the best way i remember the four components of the conceptual framework is AAAS uno artist, artwork, audience and world. If you pronounce it as ass u'll rmember it for sure lol :)

Hope you found this helpful .. i know i did

Mushroom :)

miZzme19

HSC
awsome..

havent done my trials yet..doin it monday..thanks for advice on the past papers and copyright clearance..i always found those annoying! i think ill prepare for section two with some artists from the biennale this year..something new.

thanks!

miZzme19

HSC
jus did my trials last monday and it was easy..thanks for the advice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)