ArtExpress 2005 (1 Viewer)

Dead_G???_?

"is not where you from its where your at"
you hav to remeber it is not chosen on how good you think your work is.
some are in their bcoz of great technical skill others becoz of the risk that the student has taken, most because the student used their artistic skills, took risks, controlled the elements of their work and had resolved ( finished) their BOW technically.

but what it all comes down to is the Art Express curators preferences. they want a variety of works that use different media - even though that may not be a fair representation of yr 12 work across the state, each work has its own merits, thats why they're chosen, and thats the way it is. DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!

kim_iz_yippin

HSC
I don't understand people who are worried about NOT getting into ArtExpress. Art is so personal, and if you know you've expressed what you intended to, and are truly happy with what you've done, why should it matter if you're work is publicly displayed or not? Art should be done for yourself, not for some HSC marker. Believe it or not, there is life after high school art! I hope that made sense btw....

rubylotus11

Each year I am consistently disappointed by the works in ArtXpress. There are always a couple of stand out artworks that are deserving of praise, but the majority are not really of that high a standard. But then again, I would've loved to have gotten in.

my_dirigible

Originally posted by tro
yeah i always thought everything was wanky in Art Express especially the videoes.....then i got my animation shown at Art Express everywhere this year... :$

Mind you i made conserted effort not to make it wanky :p
which one was yours? i saw the ones at the AGNSW...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)