ArtExpress (1 Viewer)

stressed02

Hey,
Was just wondering if any of you guys' major works have been preselected for Artexpress... the BOS just put about 350 artworks from 8000 and something in the selection pool... most of my grade was preselected :) yay!
Do you guys know how many works actually get in?

Goldabar

Is there any way to check out the 350 selected works?
I think something like 150 get in, not sure tho.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
omg, most of your grade got in, stressed?!

damn, how many people do art in your school, and which school is it?

hmm when dyu find out bout artexpress man? cos either none of us poor sods in my school got in, or the art teacher just cbf'd telling us yet ... hopefully the latter hehe

stressed02

I'll tell you what school i go to AFTER we are supposed to *know* about who got preselected - in case i get in trouble!! I'm going in to school next week so i'll *ask* my art teacher... because it was another one who told me...

About 30 something in our grade do art.. we had the second most get preselected in the state. ask your teacher next week to see if they know yet, i'm not sure if they are supposed to tell us who were preselected or not.. but we'll soon find out!

K8Y

ReALLy!

how did u find this out???? - and why does no one else know!! :(
thats excellent but if heaps of ur class were preselected!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
w00t!!!
:D :) :cool: ;) :p :D :) :cool: ;) :p
perselected!!!
...along with 1 other from my class of 10

---edit: got told when teacher phoned me. i think the bos sends memos out to teacher

stressed02

Well done! it's a bit exciting hey!
Do you think you'll get in? i guess its hard to tell though, because now Art Express just chooses the ones that fit their exhibitions best... like the ones that go best together etc. I dont know if i'd get in because mine kind of wouldn't 'go' with anything else, its very different. But anyway congrats to those so far....

roo

HSC
woo hoo! congrats! :D anyone else found out?? cant be bothered to find out until i go to school for the art exam :rolleyes:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by stressed02
Well done! it's a bit exciting hey!
Do you think you'll get in? i guess its hard to tell though, because now Art Express just chooses the ones that fit their exhibitions best... like the ones that go best together etc. I dont know if i'd get in because mine kind of wouldn't 'go' with anything else, its very different. But anyway congrats to those so far....

so far i think -- i dunno if i'll get in, but even if i don't "Shortlisted for ArtExpress 2003" looke pretty good on yr CV, and you're pretty well garunteed at least 45 out of 50 mark, which is good for yr uai :)

sixfingers

yeh my teacher just called me but said the shortlist was only 200 and then they choose 65 from that which didn't sound like very much.....

it's just nice because my teachers gave me a pisspoor mark and i'm pretty sure there's a cut off for artexpress so i must have done alright.

sixfingers

thanks but basically they choose what they like, so i'd rather know my mark.

and i really hate my artwork now so i hope it doesn't get in - i dont want people to see it!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ahhh good stuff

recently they seem to be going for a high proportion of "happy" artworks (there's always someone who does pictures of them and their freinds having fun in year 12, a concept which i think has been done to death -- but to their credit the pictures are usually very technically accomplished)... lotsa appropriations too

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
it seems 150 was closer to the mark, going by the last 3 years, but i can't be sure:

2001: 152 got in
2000: 178 got in
2002: 288 (!!!) got in

stressed02

Yep, usually - except our school usually gets 5 - which makes every other school complain about ours and we get told that we cheat the system, and that we get professionals to do our work or some crap!... hehe :p Hey Roo did u get my major work?

roo

HSC
Originally posted by stressed02
Yep, usually - except our school usually gets 5 - which makes every other school complain about ours and we get told that we cheat the system, and that we get professionals to do our work or some crap!... hehe :p Hey Roo did u get my major work?
yup, just checked my email and omg its so good! i read ur statement after i saw all the pics but before that i instantly knew it was about consumerism. :)
you should post it up here and show everyone!! hehe :D the last supper pic reminded me of another guy's work who got into art express 2 yrs ago so i wouldnt be surprised if u get selected!

is it true that every yr theres some sort of theme for art express? apparently last year's was people in society.. hmm i dunno??
:confused:

stressed02

Thanks. Yeah i've heard before that there is usually some type of theme.... we'll soon find out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)