Artexpress (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have inside knowledge that mine is doing pretty good with the markers.. dun wanna talk myself up just what i've been told.
I don't think they're after it because it's amazing..my art teacher told me that they like my work and that they want to see the thought process i used to come to the final result of my work, apparently because digital media's fairly knew they're interested in this type of thing...

I dunno i'm taking it as a good sign, not that like... they think i cheated :(

V

val_dramaqueen

well...

1) Not_That_Bright, your works are so awesome, i have no idea why you're even disputing whether you got in to artexpress or not!
and
2) My diary was sent away with my work.. i thought it was compulsory to send it away with your work anyway??

ahh well... i just wanna know if i got a good mark for it or not! :D it took so bloody long to do it! stupid stupid wearable!!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
yeah, the whole thing takes a while... i forgot about mine for ages and ages, i was on holiday when i got my letter, and hsc art was the last thing on my mind

V

val_dramaqueen

Not-That-Bright said:
yea well according to that guy we wont even get letters till like mid december.. i kinda doubt that.
GAHHHH!! :mad:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Teacher thinks no one else in our year is going to get preselected or whatever it is, since our school usually doesn't do that well... it's kinda funny since like, we had a discussion in class once like 'would you like to get into art express?', i was the only one that said no my reason being 'every year we go there we bag out a bunch of the works and we see a bunch of year 10 punks bagging them out too, how cut would u be knowing how many people are bagging it out?'. It's gunna be a bit of an ironic twist if i actually make it lol

frazzle

HSC
i think you have more than a decent chance at it not-that-bright, your stuff was AMAZING! now why did you have to enter it in the same category as me!?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i dun think categories matter lol
Art teacher said... my stuff could get in, but if it doesn't don't be disappointed. He said it'll probably depend on the other artworks they choose to exhibit, but since i did something kinda dark with a fair bit of teen angst im sure there are more of those out there.

thanks for the props too frazzle.

I wanna get a proper official letter tho lol I really hope we don't have to wait like... till mid december, i kinda doubt it I think at most it'll be mid november because like, they have to get all the letters back where people write a 100 page thingy about it... then they have to let u kno like if u've made it again (i think they just send it back if you haven't) but i can't imagine them not giving out the letters till like december... then again maybe

V

val_dramaqueen

well... i wanna get in mainly because all my other subjects (except drama) i'm doing quite poorly in... so if ever i get a job interview, at least i can say

"ahh yes, well, i failed my subjects at school except art and drama AND I got in to the nation-wide acclaimed (i hope that makes sense) ArtExpress for my major work a-hahaha!"

see? it could work quite well!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't think art express is that impressive really, unless like... u get into a newspaper!!
lol

Seriously tho... 480 made it into the art express pool last year =/
How come so few? out of like... 8450 entries or something... 480 into the pool, 86% i'm surprised.

s_kisses

HSC
calm down ppl i got my letter on november 20th for getting into art express i remember cause it was my yr12 formal that night.. so you should get it around then if you get in

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I got mine from the COFA website, maybe that was the ammount of people that got into the cofa group of works or something? I didn't think they separated em.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
what if u get preselected and u dont want it to go off?
mines a 2m sq painting, and i dont want people touching it and stuff

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
they look after the paintings heaps well pookie,
if what you're saying is that you don't wanna go into the thing you could of ticked 'no' to going into art express on the sheet thing where u declared the name of your work.

However if you've changed your mind, when you get your letter you're asked to write 100 words about your work.. explaining it in breif detail and such, just write.
'I don't want to go to art express, it smells'.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I think you find out like in December or something, and I think that they send a letter to you as well. I'm not sure.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
PookieMonster said:
what if u get preselected and u dont want it to go off?
mines a 2m sq painting, and i dont want people touching it and stuff
You do art Pookie? You surprised me, I see you as more of a drama/music/performer type of person.

nerida

HSC
N/A
Sickle said:
You do art Pookie? You surprised me, I see you as more of a drama/music/performer type of person.
lol pookie doing drama/music/performer thats nearly as funny as if she would get up one morning and say she would go for a run hahahaha

hmm so have heaps gone into wearable art i think i did that or i think it went under a category that had the word environment in it but its a wearable thing and it better not break i t hink i would cry a lot and then laugh then cut it up. then i would go and paint the 6th finger back on pookies painting and add another head for effect.

i hope i get into art express!!

ilovethehsc

how did everyone go in their school marking, cause apparently that is normally quite up to standard with the BOS marking.
your criteria of work does help, i designed a tshirt, made a 5 minute bike riding dvd all filmed and shot and edited by me, and two posters that were advertisments, my teacher put a lot of faith in me, but i think she was workin me up a bit.
whats the minimum mark for art express?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
ilovethehsc said:
whats the minimum mark for art express?
Well, last year I knew someone who received a final mark of 85 in Art, and they ended up getting into ArtExpress. Just remember that a really good mark doesn't assure that you will get into ArtExpress - the curators pick the artworks that go into the exhibitions in their various galleries... (So, for example, you may get 98 as a mark, and not get selected by one of the curators).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)