Arts (Advanced)/Law - questions (1 Viewer)

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
Hi people,
I completed my HSC in 2005 but have currently deferred uni for a year while I'm o a gap year in England.

The course I deferred was International Studies/Law at UNSW - which is a six year course requiring me to go on a year of exchange, which I've decided I don't want to do anymore.

So I'm now looking at Arts (Advanced)/Law at Sydney. However, I want to major in Government and International Relations - which is an Economics/Social science course....am I better off doing International Studies/Law at Sydney, with a major in Government and International Relations, or majoring in my 2nd choice of History [which I do also love] and doing Arts/Law still?

I'd love feedback from people who are studying Government and International Relations or doing an Arts (Advanced) degree....or generally just feedback in general would be nice. If anyone knows if there's any way I could do Arts and still major in International Relations then please let me know!

Thanks!

zhongie

HSC
Hey, I don't think you can do an Arts(Advanced)/Law combination. It's just plain old Arts/Law or Intl Studies/Law.

Think long and hard about International Studies and Relations :). Because that's what I thought I would major in too, until I found it so boring, I thought I might die. I'm doing Arts/Law, in my 2nd year this year.

I don't think you can major in Govt in an Arts degree, but don't quote me on that. If you really want to do Government, do the International Studies/Law...

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Hey. I've faced a similar kind of problem. International studies at New South Wales is grounded in the faculty of Arts whereas at Sydney it's part of the econ and bussiness faculty. I wanted to major in Political Economy as part of my BA... but apparantly the Arts faculty won't allow it. I'd say go the Bachelor of Arts- so much more interesting and you can still do 'international studies' subjects like anthropology, history and abit of either peco or govt. You can also do a language as you would as part of the int. studies program... Yay 4 you! :)

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
Thanks for the info!

I had assumed that I could do Arts (Advanced) - one of my friends is doing Science (Adv)/Law but maybe that's just a Science thing?? Oh well, it's not really a problem.

Hmm....I'm really tempted by Arts right now....and the idea of majoring in History - as the History courses look amazing and so much fun....

zhongie and miaomiao, what are you majoring in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)