arts at unsw or macquarie applied finance/accounting. (1 Viewer)

rahul_rul210

HSC
i have been accepted at macquarie uni for applied finance/accounting and i am hoping to transfer to unsw commerce which was my first preference at the end of the first year. I was wondering if it makes more sense for me to do bachelor of arts at unsw and then do an internal transfer or try to transfer from macquarie, also in the arts course can i still do accounting and finance as my majors because i cant see them listed as majors in the handbook.

thanks

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Do Arts at UNSW because Arts at UNSW has a Commerce-related major and you can internal transfer, which is easier than external transfers.

You can't do Finance or Accounting as your major in Arts, but as we see here: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2012/3403.html

You can take 'International Business' and 'Human Resource Management' majors in Arts. So you'll have to transfer.

rahul_rul210

HSC
if i do decide to stay at macquarie for the first year, what GPA do you think i would need to transfer into bachelor of commerce at UNSW i got 87.7 plus 3 bonus points for my subjects. also what would i need to transfer from arts into commerce

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
if i do decide to stay at macquarie for the first year, what GPA do you think i would need to transfer into bachelor of commerce at UNSW i got 87.7 plus 3 bonus points for my subjects. also what would i need to transfer from arts into commerce
I don't think they'll count ATAR, just uni marks. I could be wrong.

From Arts to Commerce, https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_ASB.html , you need 75 WAM or a distinction average.

Just get as high a mark as possible and try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)