Arts at USYD or Arts/Laws at MACQ (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Most MQ students enrol in units on the 14th, however new students must attend on-campus academic advice before enrolling in units, which occurs a bit later. If most of the lectures & tutes are full by the time you get to your academic advice day, you can just e-mail your lecturer, explain how inconvenient these time are for you, and ask to be admitted to another time. There's quite a bit of shuffling and drop outs before the census date (the date after which you cannot withdraw from a unit without incurring academic and financial penalty) anyway, so i wouldn't worry about it.

ACKAA

HSC
Most MQ students enrol in units on the 14th, however new students must attend on-campus academic advice before enrolling in units, which occurs a bit later. If most of the lectures & tutes are full by the time you get to your academic advice day, you can just e-mail your lecturer, explain how inconvenient these time are for you, and ask to be admitted to another time. There's quite a bit of shuffling and drop outs before the census date (the date after which you cannot withdraw from a unit without incurring academic and financial penalty) anyway, so i wouldn't worry about it.
Oh ok and is that the 14th of Jan or Feb? Also would you u know when first year students tend to enrol (like approximately what date?).

Thank you very much

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
14th of January. They do the academic advice days over a week or so, each student is allocated a specific day and time which they receive after accepting their offer. Not too sure of actual dates, let me have a bit of a look around.

ACKAA

HSC
14th of January. They do the academic advice days over a week or so, each student is allocated a specific day and time which they receive after accepting their offer. Not too sure of actual dates, let me have a bit of a look around.
Alright so I'm starting to understand a little bit more. Thank you for looking for the dates, appreciate it. Coz my concern right now is if I decide to got Macquarie I will only be able to accept the offer in the later rounds. And I have been told that that puts you at a disadvantages when it comes to lecture times

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Have you considered Law at ANU? My friend in the year above me did this (he got mid 97 atar, so not enough for sydney unis), and he's reeeeally enjoying it there - often comes back to sydney too. Even though it's away from home, I'd say it's better than being in the blue for 1 year in the hope of gaining a spot, plus ANU is by no means a lower tier uni than USYD

You could get screwed over with an arts degree, or go straight into studying law - just my 2 cents

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree ANU is a viable option, pretty low cut-off for a Go8 law course. If you don't believe me then look at the partners at the big 6.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Alright so I'm starting to understand a little bit more. Thank you for looking for the dates, appreciate it. Coz my concern right now is if I decide to got Macquarie I will only be able to accept the offer in the later rounds. And I have been told that that puts you at a disadvantages when it comes to lecture times
Ok so first year academic advice & enrollment will take place between the 3rd and 22nd of February. I think final round offers get released on the 6th (?), or very early in February anyway, so i doubt you'll miss out on having options for your timetable.

ACKAA

HSC
Have you considered Law at ANU? My friend in the year above me did this (he got mid 97 atar, so not enough for sydney unis), and he's reeeeally enjoying it there - often comes back to sydney too. Even though it's away from home, I'd say it's better than being in the blue for 1 year in the hope of gaining a spot, plus ANU is by no means a lower tier uni than USYD
Yeah ANU was actually my first option but due to certain personal circumstances I wasn't able to go. I was actually really excited about going to ANU, but oh well...

ACKAA

HSC
Ok so first year academic advice & enrollment will take place between the 3rd and 22nd of February. I think final round offers get released on the 6th (?), or very early in February anyway, so i doubt you'll miss out on having options for your timetable.
Alright thanks. I'll definitely consider macq now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)