Arts/Commerce??? (1 Viewer)

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
hey guys!
Just wondering if anyone here is doing the 5 year arts/commerce course or thinking about it for 2006? I 've been tossing up between pursuing the arts side or economics side for a while so i thought this would be a good way to pursue both interests while also keeping career options open yet viable!
I want to major in history and perhaps something along the lines of international relations and communications while majoring in Eco with the commerce side. Any suggestions??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
you sound EXACTLY like me a year ago...

i ended up choosing B Commerce (liberal studies). You would need 2 commerce majors. This can be an Economics major and a Government and International Relations major. You also have the option of an arts major (your history).

I was warned that my idea of majors would change drastically once uni started and being the moron that I am, dismissed the motion saying "nope nope, eco and govt and politics ALL THE WAY!"....let's just say, I know believe that your idea of majors changes a fair bit once uni starts so keep your options open.

Last edited:

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
lol, thanks..guess the best way is to go the double degree then! Am still tossing up between teh arts/commerce or economics and social science degree!

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
*Ya_So_CuTe* said:
hey guys!
Just wondering if anyone here is doing the 5 year arts/commerce course or thinking about it for 2006? I 've been tossing up between pursuing the arts side or economics side for a while so i thought this would be a good way to pursue both interests while also keeping career options open yet viable!
I want to major in history and perhaps something along the lines of international relations and communications while majoring in Eco with the commerce side. Any suggestions??
I'm entering my fourth year of an arts/commerce. I think for anyone who has not entirely decided what majors they want to do then arts/commerce would be an ideal choice. People do tend to change majors after getting a taste of uni so its good to keep your options open. Having a generalist degree combined with one which is quite professional is in my opinion a very well-rounded education. The only downside is the 5yr duration as opposed to comm(lib).

If you really want to go gov't/eco type subjects then i'd recommend you do a eco and soc sci degree. But if you're uncertain, and want to keep you options open, with so many subjects to choose from then arts/comm (and if you have the marks then comm(lib)) is the way to go.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you can do marketing with zannaz and I. but you have to be hawt

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
thanks zannaz..went to the open day today, i think i might change my first pref to economics and social science..it also ' minimised mathematical approaches' yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)