Arts/Law or Commerce/Law (1 Viewer)

jeann2014

HSC
Currently in comm/law but workload a bit much and I really need help wiith my writing ability. Would arts/law be a better option?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha no arts require lots of reading as well

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Doesn't arts & law require an equal amount of writing? I mean, that's the whole course isn't it? Oh dear :p

jeann2014

HSC
i know, but iwant to improve so i thought arts might help with law

jeann2014

HSC
i know but im scared about employment , especially since i dont have many extra cirriculars

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
i guess arts would give you more practice at writing, or it would just make things harder. but commerce would be better for employment wouldnt it? you have heaps of time to do extracurriculars during your degree if you want to

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Would argue that the upfront choices for employment would be higher for a comm/law grad. Depends on the majors though ofc.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Would argue that the upfront choices for employment would be higher for a comm/law grad. Depends on the majors though ofc.
It depends on which discipline you want a career in though. If you wanted to do something other than Law, then yes Comm/Law would be better for that just generally. But if you wanted a career in law, Arts/Law stands just as well - the emphasis is on the Law degree and the application of Commerce even in Commercial Law is minimal at best since realistically you don't need to study commerce to understand business.

----------------------

What I've noticed is that majority of the best Law students tend to also be Communications or Arts students. The two disciplines complement each other in both the style of learning and style of assessment as both disciplines lay a heavy emphasis on critical analysis, argument developing and wider world awareness. IMO you should go for it - I myself regret having enrolled in Business/Law degree but I think it's too late for me to transfer into an Arts/Law degree. But be wary that the workload will likely be heavier than it is in a Comm/Law degree, albeit significantly more interesting and enjoyable. You will also meet some incredible people which makes it all the more better. The average Arts student is quite honestly smarter and more aware than the average Commerce student.

enoilgam

HSC
What I've noticed is that majority of the best Law students tend to also be Communications or Arts students. The two disciplines complement each other in both the style of learning and style of assessment as both disciplines lay a heavy emphasis on critical analysis, argument developing and wider world awareness. IMO you should go for it - I myself regret having enrolled in Business/Law degree but I think it's too late for me to transfer into an Arts/Law degree. But be wary that the workload will likely be heavier than it is in a Comm/Law degree, albeit significantly more interesting and enjoyable. You will also meet some incredible people which makes it all the more better. The average Arts student is quite honestly smarter and more aware than the average Commerce student.
You can get this as well if you major in Management, HR and to a lesser extent Marketing. Although I guess communications and a few of the Arts majors would be slightly better in this regard. Either way, there are a lot of options with Commerce/Law and Arts/Law beyond the conventional, so either way I'd say you would be set.

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing Arts/Law and wish I had chosen Commerce/Law instead. My advice is to stick with what you are doing. If your GPA is quite high (i.e. 5.75+), there is no point in changing. If it is below that, then I probably would change, because law is a competitive field and having a low GPA will often prevent you from getting any decent job for 5-10 years after you graduate.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You will also meet some incredible people which makes it all the more better. The average Arts student is quite honestly smarter and more aware than the average Commerce student.
Racists

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)