Arts/Law? (1 Viewer)

mels479

HSC
My enter has turned out to be much higher than I expected at 94.7 and I am now wondering whether I have a chance of getting into Arts/Law as the score is apparently 95. I'm below so it would only be in on the fringe or middle band but what do you think my chances are? Does it ever drop slightly below 95?

bikapika

HSC
well if u did good in english im pretty sure that u can get additional points

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
i don't think they offer bonus points for double degrees.

worse case scenario... apply for bonus points for law, do some arts electives and change over later.

unco_wannabe

HSC
hey dude
im doin arts/law *well not DOIN but aimin for it*
im 3 uai points off ...

u heard of UniTest?
do that test and do well and u should be set..dont have the link on me..but look around...and i think u shold get the points.
ur .3 poitns off...im 3 uai potins off :S
oh god exams..'competition" no...reminds me of trial exam times *shudders*
hope to see u around and good luck ...cheers dude

Metric

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, I doubt the cut-off will drop below 95. However if you are keen to do law, there are two things you should do right away.

Firstly, if you have good English results, you should write a letter to the law faculty (as per this page, second line). Secondly, although it is now too late to do so (but I mention it anyway for future reference), register for uniTEST which can give you some bonus points if you do well enough.

Good luck, and remember that if you miss out you can always just do straight arts, and then apply to transfer into law at a later stage. If I am not mistaken, ANU does not restrict law transfers to people who have only completed 1 year of study, like USyd and UNSW do.

banco55

HSC
A friend of mine got 90 and was offered a second round place in arts/law (this is a few years ago).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)