Arts majors at Sydney uni (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
Okay, well I'm looking to do Media and Comm. at Sydney next year, and I'm really confused by the whole Part A/B majors thing. Do we just choose one other major or two? Not that it really matters much at this early point in time, I'm just wondering.

Also, anyone know if Sociology/Social Policy are considered one major together or are they two separate majors? Same with Gender/Cultural Studies.

Last edited:

amber44

HSC
Also, anyone know if Sociology/Social Policy are considered one major together or are they two separate majors? Same with Gender/Cultural Studies.
I know sociology and social policy are two separate majors, I'm pretty sure gender and cultural studies are aswell.

speedofsound

HSC
thanks. if i get into Syd it's gonna make deciding even harder then, lol.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
For Media and Comms you have to do at least one major (other than the MECO units) and can optionally do a second. The first, compulsory major has to be from Part A, i.e. it has to be from within the Arts Faculty. The second, optional major can be from Part A or Part B, i.e. it can be from the Arts Faculty or it can be one of the majors from other faculties that are available to Arts students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)