Arts (Media and Communication) ANYONE? (1 Viewer)

DaRanjed

*Desperate* Arts (Media and Communication) ANYONE?

Who is doing this course?
Can you please describe it, the teachers etc.
Students are required to do a major in something like Chinese studies or philosophy...right?
Is it totally seperate from the multimedia part of the course?

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I do.

Basically, the media/comm element is half theory, half prac. The teachers are nice, laid back, qualified, etc etc.

Yes, you major in a subject from the arts dept. Yes, the electives/major are separate from the media/comm (core). They just serve to give you a speciality/focus to compliment media.

DaRanjed

Is it arty?...because I wanna do something like graphic design on computers/photoshop...
Is that included in this course?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Fairly much so. Its (prac) focus is on multimedia and audio-visual media. Stuff like flash animation, web design, video production etc.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
a. We don't have exams. At least, I haven't come across any in my studies so far. Although we sometimes have small practical tests.

b. In my personal opinion, the theory can often seem a bit abstract. That being said, a lot of it is quite interesting, almost philosophical.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Komaticom said:
Good news- I got an offer in this course.
Bad news- parents grilling me for getting such a "useless, lazy-assed, no future employment" course.

According to them: go and get a job > this course.

Asian parents...
I like this course as it leaves options open as to where you can head with it, while still giving you some direction with the media core (unlike a straight arts degree). Great for losers like me who still have no idea what they want to do for a career.

Last edited:

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Lundy said:
it leaves options open as to where you can head with it, while still giving you some direction with the media core
True.
I'm not too excited about the selection of majors available though. Film, perhaps.
I've got no career direction either. We brothers!

nookie_nick

ProcrastinatoR
HSC
dude same here but now i fully regret it im thinkin of not accepting it, i had 87.6 uai so a few more choices but i gotta look into shit like late and final round offers i heard its risky ubt im gunna think it through and research bout it

worst thing is how much of a loser i realised i am, my first pref was this and all my others were higher uai omfg what was i thinkin evrione got into higher uai courses than they expected and im a fkn loser

suteki

haha... aww i feel the same way.. my uai was 86.75.. and this was my first pref..
and.. yeah now im doubting whether or not i really want this course.. it seems so theory based...i dunno..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)