Arts (Media & Communications) Roll Call (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
Anyone else doing this degree this year? If so post your msn so we can get to know each other and not be lonely when we start our studies. I'm probably leaning more towards this degree atm.

ArsenalFC

HSC
N/A
Beege said:
Anyone else doing this degree this year? If so post your msn so we can get to know each other and not be lonely when we start our studies. I'm probably leaning more towards this degree atm.
What's the difference between this course and Bachelor of Science (Media and Communications)? Any major difference? I think I've mixed up my choice (should've chosen this instead of Science (Media and Communications)...) lol..

P.S Sorry for going Off Topic~ lol

Beege

HSC
You do a science major and science electives instead of an art major and art electives

ArsenalFC

HSC
N/A
OH DAMN IT!
Thanks for the response anyway...
Screwed it up then...T_T;

Beege

HSC
ArsenalFC said:
OH DAMN IT!
Thanks for the response anyway...
Screwed it up then...T_T;
so what are you gonna do? trying for final round?

frydreise

HSC
Hey!

This is my degree. Enrolled and got my timetable. Only three days a week.

Anyone else doing the tute on thursday afternoon?

Beege

HSC
four days a week for me :mad:

If you are referring to the new media technologies tute yes I'll be doing mine on thursday arvos

JoshCoward

HSC
N/A
seeto.centric said:
2nd year media & comms kid here :|

contemplating a switch to viscomm at UTS if i can get in or UWS if that doesnt work

have fun with all the theory!

-j
Well, I was thinking of doing this course (now it's called B Media (Media Production)). Is it really all(Mostly) theory based? Damnn..?

I was thinking between this or Viscomm at UTS or Digital Media at UNSW but more into this because I prefer UNSW over UTS and Digital Media is in COFA but if it really is theory based...

Anyone who has the experience in this course (or any of the courses that I've mentioned) tell me how it is? Is the work mostly theory based? Boring? How's the lecturer/tutorer etc.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

JoshCoward

HSC
N/A
seeto.centric said:
actually, the course you are talking about is a new course which will begin next year so we are doing the old one. i cant comment much about the new one but it does sound a lot better (assuming media production = more prac)

-j
hi, yep its the new course. but can u give brief summary of how u found ur course? is it really boring? theory based like u said?

thx in advance ;)

seeto.centric

woop woop err i mean somewhere in the Hills
HSC
for me, im more of a practical learner so i found the course boring and too rooted in useless theory. i prefer to just thoroughly learn the techniques required to get the job done rather than learn the theory and reasoning behind it all. some of it is relevant and beneficial but a lot of it is largely abstract/not what i expected.

i'd say the course is 70-80% theory, and the remainder is prac.
as for the prac, i find that they dont really teach us thoroughly. they teach us what is required to pass the assessments and what is assumed to be capable of the average first timer. we do do some interesting stuff but it leaves us wanting more. we've done flash animation, css/html, little photoshop, and now we're dealing with final cut pro, advanced animation and sound production (students can choose one of the 3 to focus on during 2nd sem, 2nd year)

at the end of the day, i got my ass into uni but not the course i wanted so i guess that's anotehr reason im not really satisfied. i believe part of the reason they decided to ditch this current course and spawn 3 new ones is to address the issues which many of us have encountered - being lured into a course that attempts to cover everything but satisfies few. some have been misled to believe that this course will get them into journalism fields, film production, graphic design, etc etc.. heck, it's possible to get there with this degree but it wont be as easy as say... having an actual journalism degree or doing MAP @ UTS or viscomm.

take my words with some salt..

Beege

HSC
Would it be worthwhile changing my degree to the new one as I am after more practical than theory? Is it too late to transfer and is it easy? Plus will I get exempted from subjects because I have done them before?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)