Arts Network Mentoring Program (2 Viewers)

DeepDarkRose

HSC
i like how on the site it says "A highlight of our program is the 'Arty Starty' Day", they really won me over with the 'arty starty' lol this is so the faculty for me

manifestation

What?!
HSC
DeepDarkRose said:
i like how on the site it says "A highlight of our program is the 'Arty Starty' Day", they really won me over with the 'arty starty' lol this is so the faculty for me
I know I cracked up at that too, it sounds good.
I just hope some lovely people/s will befriend me or I will befriend someone/people. See you there :D

DeepDarkRose

HSC
yeah apparently there's a photo hunt that we have to do to bond or something... i can't think of a better way to start uni than to run around like crazy taking photos of people stuck up trees, adulthood, here we come!

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Haha.. it is fun, I went last year. :)

And this year I'm a mentor, so you might end up stuck with me!

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Me too!! I'm not sure what to think of how they treat it as a kindergarten excursion though, "remember to bring your sammies" :eek:

manifestation

What?!
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
im just going so i know my way around but a scavanger hunt sounds funnnnn :D

and yeh i got my letter today too
and what about free food!!!! :D Any free stuff is good!

And yeah I hope they show us the way around...but I think the aim of the thing/program is to make us feel more comfortable and meet people (I think)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yeah of course it is, alot of students drop out because they are lonely or just don't feel like they fit in (pussy students) so uni has alot of 'making friends' things. Last year at UWS all my classes did bonding activities, the most simple was just say a few things about yourself etc (but that didnt work to well), the other ones like role playing were more effective. This scavanger hunt will be a good idea for people to get to know each other.

HSC
N/A
Question: I'm doing a bridging course that day between 10am and 12pm. Is it ok if I rock up a bit late, or should I try to get out of the bridging course for that day?

niteshade1312

HSC
I don't understand why people are scared about starting uni. I can understand the whole "going back" to school work, but come one, what is so scary?!

manifestation

What?!
HSC
The_Apprentice said:
Question: I'm doing a bridging course that day between 10am and 12pm. Is it ok if I rock up a bit late, or should I try to get out of the bridging course for that day?
Maybe you should e-mail them and ask, go onto the Arts faculty website and e-mail 'em.

@niteshade: Cause it's big and scary lol and I don't know anyone in my course apart from hiphop who I don't really know...it's an entire, huge new environment which takes time to get use to, so I suppose that's that scare factor.

jellybeenz

HSC
My first semester last year was really scary... I wasn't scared to begin with but once I got there I realised just how big Sydney Uni is and just how big the Arts faculty is...

Its harder to make friends in Arts than it is in a lot of other faculties- there is just so much subject choice and its unlikely that the friends you make in one subject do all your other subjects and even less likely they are in your tutes or attend the same lecture stream as you do.

I think this adds to the scare factor. Sure for some people settling in is a piece of cake, for others its really difficult.

Hopefully I can help out you guys with the stuff I have learnt, just basic stuff like where the Refectory is so you aren't 45 minutes late to your first tute.

jellybeenz

HSC
Yep I'm a mentor! :)

The refectory is just a room in the main quad... it can be difficult to find- especially if you don't know your way around.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
jellybeenz said:
Yep I'm a mentor! :)

The refectory is just a room in the main quad... it can be difficult to find- especially if you don't know your way around.
Cool you're a mentor...do you know who you have...like what 1st years, have they given you a list?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)