Arts Network Transition & Mentoring Program? (1 Viewer)

LazyBoy

HSC
it wasnt too bad, i would have liked to have met a few interesting people, but my mentor was kinda boring. An okay guy, but yeah the group was boring too lol. It sorta naturally segregated itself into Asians and Aussie. And there was only 6 of us :(

But the tour was very useful

chepas

HSC
Espo15 said:
ours wasn't really that good.. our mentor took us to the co-op bookshop and that was it.
Really? Ours (shelley :p) took us everywhere. A lesson in MyUni at Fisher (for those of us who were clueless), visit to Co-Op and showing us where the Copy Centre was, lunch at Manning, bit of Holme, and bits of insider info everywhere :uhhuh:.

And of course - the Donut King in Wentworth. :D

Re: Scav hunt. Nah we didn't. I saw welshi walking past with what looked like a balloon and something on it....?

LazyBoy

HSC
lol yeah chepas same here basically. Exept mine had a fascination with the posters on doors. He kept telling us to look at them and how interesting they were.

chepas

HSC
Hehe. In the thingo before lunch (the part just after morning tea with a few groups in one?) there was lots of info too - and of who to avoid that is spruiking this & that and when :p. Esp. around any type of election time, when

...if you stand still in one place someone will come over and talk at you.
I remember the 'AT you' part distinctly.... :)

Last edited:

eshi

shy
HSC
Don't you just hate awkward silences? I mention this because there were quite a few during the group thing just after morning tea...even though I'm sure that everyone had more questions, no one would ask them...and I was counting on them to do it for me...not one for talking in front of a large group of people (much more intelligent than me) just in case...as is always the case I end up sounding like a complete idiot. :p

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I got bored with my group so when I went to get my sunglasses from the lecture room I'd left them in I didn't rejoin with them and joined another group a friend was in...
and had sooo much fun!
Except for when they made me sit on a guys shoulders to make the human pyramid...a really TALL guy who then proceeded to run around with me up there haha

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
So, I wonder if anyone knew who I was? hmmmmms wonder how I went...

LazyBoy

HSC
yulia said:
I got bored with my group so when I went to get my sunglasses from the lecture room I'd left them in I didn't rejoin with them and joined another group a friend was in...
and had sooo much fun!
Except for when they made me sit on a guys shoulders to make the human pyramid...a really TALL guy who then proceeded to run around with me up there haha
yeah our group was snoozeville tenassee. You didnt miss anything during the tour, he got it over really quickly and then on the tour he seemed more interested in what wasw on the doors. lol. i wanted to meet some interesting friends. lol. that didnt happen.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
aww trust me its all in the attitude, i noticed our small group had many painful silences (never good) lol and seeming i was nervous i babbled (and yeah im so NOT a good role model)

meanwhile theres many more things in stall for you so you have a shot at making friends (actually if i remeber correctly i didnt OVERLY like ur mentor no offernce he seemed a lil painful)

But yeah hope my group had fun!

LazyBoy

HSC
shelley said:
aww trust me its all in the attitude, i noticed our small group had many painful silences (never good) lol and seeming i was nervous i babbled (and yeah im so NOT a good role model)

meanwhile theres many more things in stall for you so you have a shot at making friends (actually if i remeber correctly i didnt OVERLY like ur mentor no offernce he seemed a lil painful)

But yeah hope my group had fun!
i had no problem with him, he was a nice guy. Just i think the group dynamics was off.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
yeah but i think the best groups are where the mentor wont LET you divide off like that, i know we made our kids play knots (throw u right in where you need to touch each other)

but maybe im just overly chatty and hes not (i have respect for quiet ppl i babble when im nervous, as my whole group can attest to!)

he seemed nice but yeah i think you need an almost ridiculous level or energy and happiness to get groups to work sometimes!

LazyBoy

HSC
yeah i think thats it, teh energy level wasnt there. Plus our group wasnt the most sociable group. Straight from the get go the group was devided into asians and non asians (for no reason at all it just worked out like that) and a group of 5 isnt that many people at all

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Jame=James it seems. (they left off a s??)

and lucky you... I'm emil....... if anyone knows me...

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
I will go out on a long limb ;).... Michelle by any chance?

But I can't place a face... I suck... can you pm me a pic or such?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)