Arts/Science transfer into Law (1 Viewer)

bobsgang

HSC
I want to try and transfer into law at unsw from unsw in 2010, but I am not sure which degree to combine it with. Can I do combined arts/science in the first year and transfer to arts/law or science/law, provided I get in?

To be able to transfer, you have to have done a full year of a course, but if I start with a combined degree, I wont be fully doing one course -would a combined degree year count?

Also, is the workload for arts/science combined a lot more than that of arts or science alone -would it be really hard to get the high marks required to get into law?

dolbinau

HSC
Have you considered other law programs, e.g ANU, Macquarie, UTS or OWS?

According to this guide:

UNSW LAW : Entry requirements Applications, Fees - Transfer Applicants�- Law Sydney Australia

To be competitive for a transfer with distinction average you need a UAI of 97 (since it will be 50% weighted), I assume then you've reached this, in which case you could probably get into all the other NSW unis besides USYD depending on which combined course.

I mean, I'm sure you have, but in case not consider how realistic it is to transfer, if you can meet your career aspirations through other unis, what you will do if you can't transfer in the end and basically "is it all worth it" etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)