ArtXpress Selection pool (1 Viewer)

muzzling

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
they sorta did tell us the sorta shit they wanted like signs, symbols etc, but even if u didn't get accepted like...
Hey NTB,
Did they really? How intriguing..
How on earth did you find that out?
I remember AE at AGNSW last year had a bit of a revolving theme around life journeys, with a lot of ppl with different backgrounds telling their journey through collection of materials etc..
Symbols huh?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
well that's what i got, i checked out standards packages and what it said on boardofstudies.edu thing and they all pointed out that they're looking for technical, conceptual... in different ways depending on medium, but basically they're looking for progression of thoughts, personal signs n symbols etc etc.

Caboodles

Yeah I was just reading last years artexpress, and they seem to have different themes associated with their work. Whats everyones guess on the themes this year? One of my friends didn't get in, and her work was incredible- textile works with so many hours put into em. She found out she had to pick them up from school and wasn't selected. I mean she could've got over 90% and possibly her work was too fragile to display- shit loads of wirey jewellery and delicate fabrics.
Oooh I gots a question- does anyone have to go in any of your local exhibitions? Just wondering cos our class has to exhibit in our local council building, lol like a little minature art show :D Do any other schools do things like this?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
the themes are usually just general... it'll probably be things like 'perspectives on the world' or 'exploring different media' or some bs like that

I don't think it really matters... cuz for themes they just look at ur work and decide what 'theme' it has...... and they actually develop the theme AFTER looking at a bunch of the works.

My School eats it.

Caboodles

ah yeah I see....lol I was just reading the old artexpress book, and was curious.
*slaps head* yeah they can really only decide the theme after the works are chosen.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Yeah our school does a yr 12 exhibition every year...but stupidly it's put on BEFORE they're marked. My work was a series of plaster hanging sculptures and they got exhibited in a spot where people had to walk around them and kept knocking their heads on them. I was biting my nails the whole time, they got scratched and some of the paint came off. Next year they're doing the exhibition AFTER marking.

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
Yeah we had our exhibition before ours were marked as well... it was a bit scary! Congrats to that pov gov school, thats so great.

frazzle

HSC
i thought every school had an in-school exhibition before they're sent off to be marked?

hmm... i rememeber, i was still sticking my pieces to the board when visitors started walking in... in true procrastinator style =|

Choctop

frazzle said:
i thought every school had an in-school exhibition before they're sent off to be marked?

hmm... i rememeber, i was still sticking my pieces to the board when visitors started walking in... in true procrastinator style =|
haha YES same thing happened to me and my fellow art&photography friend as we were still sticking our stuff up as people walked by with slightly puzzled looks on their faces :D

piratedebbie

HSC
we had an inschool exhibition - i was the one ticking everyone elses work up tho who couldnt be bothered turning up to class - ever! haha so wen ppl walked in and saw me tacking up some unfinished 2minute job shit, they looked at me in that sympathetic way... and then turned to whisper to their husbnds/wives
*shame*, but i couldnt say "no no its not mine!" coz that i figure would look just as deperate and loserish :p..i had a laugh tho

fernzy

wow you guys all got your letters real early... i only found out after my french exam last thursday... i was totally stoked..
does anyone know when they tell us who actually got in?

Last edited:

kim_iz_yippin

HSC
I only found out I got preselected on Wednesday too. FINALLY...some good luck came my way! I think we find out if we get in in early December. How many people actually get selected for Artexpress? 150? 200? 300?

lindal372

yeah i actually only found out that i got in on saturday night becuase the school rang up my home on friday but my parents forgot to tell me!!!!i think only about 200 but then there is also the regional tour and david jones window but i am not sure if that all included in the same thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)