AS 1100 Drawing Standards (1 Viewer)

mike 1989

HSC
Hey

Does anyone know where you can get a copy of the AS 1100 teach darwing starndards from cos i cant find them.

thehootman

HSC
Either can i. But it will be a MASSIVE DOCUMENT when you do find it - in the order of several hundred pages.

mike 1989

HSC
You cant actually access the AS1100 standards on the net unless a liscence has been purchased by a company/organisation. The standards can be purchased through a distributor, search "Australian Standards" in google. I think that schools can apply for an exemption to gain access. I got my hands on a copy, its section 1 of 4 and only covers general principles, its about 300 pages long and goes pretty deep into things.

Good luck finding a copy.

listo

HSC
N/A
Available from Standards Australia for hundreds of dollars and in many sections.
A good source for the part of AS-1100 that engineering uses is in a book from Engineers Australia called The Engineering Drawing Handbook. I don't know if it is still in print though.

thehootman

HSC
You dont want the standards, you want a little drawing guide book. as above ^^

stephmcguinness

HSC
does anyone know the demension ratios for an AS1100 bolt stuff like distance across the flats e.c.t

00iCon

HSC
I'm going to revive this thread.
I urgently need some info on this... is there a torrent of it? or someone's summary?

notmyrealname

HSC
N/A
I'm going to revive this thread.
I urgently need some info on this... is there a torrent of it? or someone's summary?
In NSW, try your local public library. They've got full on-line screen display access to all standards, including AS1100. There's a handbook for student drawing that is exactly what you're looking for available as an Australian Standards Handbook

Last edited:

00iCon

HSC
In NSW, try your local public library. They've got full on-line screen display access to all standards, including AS1100. There's a handbook for student drawing that is exactly what you're looking for available as an Australian Standards Handbook
That's what i was thinking. But i didn't know about the handbook. Thx.

skamp3

HSC
Does anyone know the exact purpose of the AS 1100 standards?
Is it demanded by certain industries/regulatory bodies or is it simply an internal company decision to standardise drawing specifications?

Thanks in advance
S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)