Ask Any Questons (1 Viewer)

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Sup boyz n girls. i created this thread so that i and anyone who feels the need to ask questions may do so. Hopefully people can participate in answering these questions so we can all benefit in our understanding of Business Studies.

My first question is in the marketing topic is the main thing u need to know is the Marketing Planning Process? (ie. situational analysis, establishing marketin obj, identifyin target market, develop marketing strategies n implementation, monitoring n controllin?

if not than what else would i need to focus on.

Lorie

HSC
xxmissy said:
wats differential pricing??:confused:
Pretty much it's selling the same product to different buyers across the market at various prices. It is used to maximise sales and therefore profits for the company by being able adjust prices according to certain market segments reactions. It also incorporates different times of the day, locations, seasons of the year, off-leak and peak times, and so on.

For example, a movie cinema generally experiances a high level of demand at peak times, such as a Saturday night, movie premier ect, and therefore would charge full price during these times. Most customers would be quite happy to pay this because of Saturday being the most popular night to watch a movie and therefore they would not be put off by a higher price. Whereas a market that would be affected by a higher price would be more inclined to watch the movie at a lower price, which would be during a low peak time (eg. mid-week, during the day). So to maximise profits the cinema would charge full price during the peak times and a discounted price during the off-peak times, and each market segment would attend accordingly.

Lorie

HSC
MeehShanku said:
My first question is in the marketing topic is the main thing u need to know is the Marketing Planning Process? (ie. situational analysis, establishing marketin obj, identifyin target market, develop marketing strategies n implementation, monitoring n controllin?

The marketing planning process contains alot of information relevent to the course. If you know and understand the parts involved in the marketing plan, it will go a long way to you better understanding the marketing part in this course.

Probably to 2 major parts I believe in the marketing part is the marketing mix (4 Ps) and target markets.

But of cause make sure you go through the syllabus and ensure you have covered everything in there.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Could anyone suggest some secondary target markets for a Music Record company/agency if its primary target markets were those between 17-20 yo's?

cheers.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
- Music Recording company
-signed a new trendy band in the 17-20yo market
-small company
-set aside enough money for promotion in magazines, Tv etc for 3 months
-Cd due to release b4 christams

thats bout it...so who else would bea secondary market?

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
teacher said it was 17-20 as mentioned onthe paper as the primary market, 2 are already provided as being teh secondary-sibligns and parents, and i am asked to provide extra

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
well they're a company well more liek an agency in which they find those with potential and try to promote them in to the market...if you get what i mean, yeah tis a pretty weird business but yeah.

hmm 12-17yo? explain?

biggie walls

HSC
defining a market purely by demographic is stupid in the first place, behavioural/psychological/geographical factors should always be considered aswell. that's the main thing I found with business studies was 80% of the questions were just vague bullshit hoping for the right buzzword...

manoo

:.:.:Charmed Member:.:.:
HSC
Plz i really need help!
What can you tell me about all about what i have to do when producing then marketing a product.:confused:
help me! much appreciated

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
biggie walls said:
defining a market purely by demographic is stupid in the first place, behavioural/psychological/geographical factors should always be considered aswell. that's the main thing I found with business studies was 80% of the questions were just vague bullshit hoping for the right buzzword...
lolz, that's what i did for basically the whole short sentence section in the 2006 exam. I would have liked to seen the actual raw mark of business studies, as i got a 85 with 9/20 for multiple-choice :(

Kembervich

HSC
In the 2001 HSC paper question 28 was this:-
"To be successful in the twenty-first century businesses will need increasingly to market their product in a global basis". With reference to a global business you have studied anaylse the elements of its marketing plan, and how it manages the marketing of its product on a global scale.

How would you answer this question, like a plan for it using QANTAS as the global business

ha$$

HSC
outline the role of marketing in todays society campared to 30 years ago. plz help me ive been on this question for 4 days

KASmithy

HSC
N/A
MeehShanku said:
Sup boyz n girls. i created this thread so that i and anyone who feels the need to ask questions may do so. Hopefully people can participate in answering these questions so we can all benefit in our understanding of Business Studies.

Hmmm... How about implementing a competitor analysis? Or product and industry life cycle analyses? These are just a few suggestions, of course. It depends on whatever the business goal is, the type of product, market, etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)