• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ask not what your arteries can do for you, but ask what you can do for your arteries (2 Viewers)

HSC
A friend of mine sent me this site which has details for free cholesterol tests around the country. The site says 1/2 of the population has high cholesterol and only 1/5 know about it. Pretty scary.

So I think I'm going to get myself tested. I used to eat a chocolate eclair every day at my old job. I love cream.

Nat3skiz

HSC
Re: Ask not what your arteries can do for you, but ask what you can do for your arter

or, you could change your diet and make sure you're not eating high cholesterol foods, and therefore not waste any time on a test.

m&ss2008

HSC
Re: Ask not what your arteries can do for you, but ask what you can do for your arter

Nat3skiz said:
or, you could change your diet and make sure you're not eating high cholesterol foods, and therefore not waste any time on a test.
very true. guess what happens when you go do the test and you find out you have high cholesterol?

you have to cut down on those foods

start now and dont bother about the test

Pace_T

HSC
loving the title you made for this thread.
i learnt about eclairs today for the first time i made a note to myself to buy at least one next time im out. cholesterol here i come!
and no i dont have an answer to your question sorry.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Nat3skiz said:
Eating cholesterol isn't necessarily the reason for high blood cholesterol levels.

There's also a big difference between HDL and LDL, too, not just "cholesterol".

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
As far as my knowledge extends, people who have a tendency towards high cholesterol can cut down their cholesterol by eating less, but people who eat a lot (of the bad kind) don't neccessarily end up with abnormally high levels. It's not exactly as simple as "you are what you eat." You might as well get tested if you're worried, but at your age it shouldn't really be an issue. Kudos for the health warning though...

Nat3skiz

HSC

jb_nc said:
Eating cholesterol isn't necessarily the reason for high blood cholesterol levels.

There's also a big difference between HDL and LDL, too, not just "cholesterol".
i know all about HDL and LDL, so don't try and put it to ignorance. I made a simple statement regarding a change of diet.

HSC

I frankly think the test is a better idea than some glib "eat different foods" remark because it's public and therefore brings more social awareness to a low profile health issue. But hey, what do I know?

Nat3skiz

HSC

argh11111111111 said:
I frankly think the test is a better idea than some glib "eat different foods" remark because it's public and therefore brings more social awareness to a low profile health issue. But hey, what do I know?
if you're fat then you should be aware that you may get sick.

HSC

Anyone can have high cholesterol, including thin people.

I've heard genetics play a large role, up to 80%.

boris

Banned
HSC

none of you know shit about cholesterol, so just shut up and stop being useless at life and maybe just go and get tested.

frigtards.

NinjaSauce

HSC

boris said:
none of you know shit about cholesterol, so just shut up and stop being useless at life and maybe just go and get tested.

frigtards.
Thanks for filling us in on the facts.

boris

Banned
HSC

NinjaSauce said:
Thanks for filling us in on the facts.
i dont try to educate 90% of you anymore, i find beating my head against a brickwall to be less painful and more productive.

Nat3skiz

HSC

boris said:
i dont try to educate 90% of you anymore, i find beating my head against a brickwall to be less painful and more productive.
yes because it brings you closer to death, meaning one less whinger.

boris

Banned
HSC

Nat3skiz said:
yes because it brings you closer to death, meaning one less whinger.
whatever mang, im pretty sure you've got some roids to pump, yeah? go shrink your testicles some more.

advanced sam

HSC
N/A

boris said:
what did you get on ur uai again?
just joking

boris

Banned
HSC

advanced sam said:
what did you get on ur uai again?
just joking
statement of attainment.

Nat3skiz

HSC

boris said:
whatever mang, im pretty sure you've got some roids to pump, yeah? go shrink your testicles some more.
lol i'm against roids.

NinjaSauce

HSC

boris said:
Are you a doctor? Do you have any other physical/sporting/medicial/nursing achievements?

And a word for the wise... Generally there is an inverse relation to the amount you know, and the amount you claim to know. The more i learn, the more i realise i do not know. But it is nice to see you are educating us. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)