Ask Wolfowitz - Revenge Tragedy. (1 Viewer)

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
I think myself pretty knowledgeable about Revenge Tragedy. This elective of blood-feuds and die-casts transformed English Extension 1 from my most hated course in Year 11, too my most treasured in Year 12. I have knowledge of all the texts and several study guides to help anyone with particularly sticky questions.

If you kids have any questions at all, just fire them off here and I'll endeavour to answer them fully!

<3 Wolf.

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
I know exactly what you mean. My English Extension texts in Year 11 were terrible - I even thought about dropping it in Year 12. But in Year 12 due to how interesting revenge tragedy is, it became by far my favourite (and best) subject at school.

BellaR

HSC
Hi! I'm doing an oral presentation for Ex1, and was wondering if you had any thoughts on the related text "My Last Duchess" by Robert Browning, or any other related text suggestions - i've worked out that i will only have about 3 minutes to discuss it. I am looking for texts that are relatively concise, and would prefer non-film or play suggestions, as my other two texts belong to these mediums.

Thanks

...Claire

HSC
hey wolfowitz
for revenge tragedy i am studying high noon, medea, kill bill and moby dick. For other sources/interpretations of the revenge tragedy genre we have been given analysis' written by Kitto an J Kerrigan to use in our essays for interpretations of the genre. Can you suggest any other sources I can incorporate in my essays?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
-claire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)