Asking for assistance... (1 Viewer)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
It's been something that's been bugging not only me but others of this forum and I know that it happens around the BOS...

But here is a word of warning...

If you make a plea of help or assistance in the drama forum make sure you've done some work yourself. I am most certainly NOT going to give people my notes on plays, styles etc if you haven't done the initial work yourself.

It's called sponging and being a god damn lazy arse if you don't do the work...

Vent over. Ooo, on a lighter note. I called my first show the other day...hoorah!

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
f*** oath... i spent so much time putting together the list of websites, and drama_god did all the work on the websites for us... but if ur gunna steal sh** then you shouldn't be here... give a little, get a lot... it's simple!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
yeh you're both right. And I also think if you want notes you should look around the place first before posting one of those "HELP, I'M GOING TO FAIL" threads.

You're right carson...you and drama_god put a lot of effort into the lists and websites. What u put in, u take out.

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
yeh - ppl who say "anyone doing brecht? i need help, notes or websites..." deserve to be put down...

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
haha @ birdy... fucken do it urself man!!! geezus!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by Trigger189
haha @ birdy... fucken do it urself man!!! geezus!
LMAO... nice call!

Originally posted by TheBirdMustFly
Hey I need help memorizing my monologue I always have trouble. can any body help me?
When i memorise i write it over and over and over, try putting acting to the words, and they will come easier. Turn it into a speech? thats what i do. But hey, thats just me.

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
what i used to do was record my entire piece onto computer using a microphone... then put sum music underneath it (really softly), then burn it 2 CD and convert 2 MP3, and weneva i was driving 2 school (i had a 45 min drive) i'd listen to it... and weneva i was on the net or wateva, i'd listen 2 the MP3 of it... it really worked - the music made it sorta like lyrics to a song... and helps you to keep the correct rhythm...

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
haha - thanx! :D I try to be cool... haha... it really works tho - y'all should try it...

400miles

Skillo said:
It's been something that's been bugging not only me but others of this forum and I know that it happens around the BOS...

But here is a word of warning...

If you make a plea of help or assistance in the drama forum make sure you've done some work yourself. I am most certainly NOT going to give people my notes on plays, styles etc if you haven't done the initial work yourself.

It's called sponging and being a god damn lazy arse if you don't do the work...

Vent over. Ooo, on a lighter note. I called my first show the other day...hoorah!
What's the problem with helping someone that needs help? Regardless of their own amount of effort, if you've got the notes (and it's not like it's negatively affecting you in any way) then share them with those who need them? We all want to do well, and just because you're being a tightass about life shouldn't affect anyone else.

Also, if you DON'T want to give your notes - THEN DON'T... That's your decision, but DON'T come onto the forum and the threads where people do want help and put them down, I think that's just plain bitchy and useless. If you don't agree with it, then stay away and keep your notes tucked into your secret little vault... But don't be negative towards anyone, that's just conceited.

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
No offence, but the threads are here to be used by those who need help. They're not here for u to be goin off at those who need help! Who are u to tell them that they should've done more? If u don't wanna help those who need it, why come on the forum? I agree with 400 Miles...That's all I've got to say!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Oh for christ sake. Stop trying to start a fight. I posted this in response to some requests that were coming through earlier this year. I understand what you're saying...but I don't agree with it.

As for...'Who am I to be saying this'? Someone who has been around on this forum for a long time and contributed a lot...so don't try that one on me. This is the first time I've seen both 400miles and EzzMaye post on this forum...I feel kind of offended considering what I've done for some people on here.

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
I was just saying that u r making those who were asking for help feel bad. That's wat my point was. I wasn't deliberatley trying to start a fight with anyone. I was just telling u that it's a bit unfair making someone who was asking for help feel like they shouldn't be asking at all...ok?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
guys, guys.

skillo posted this quite a long time ago in reference to the 1000000 posts that kept coming up sayng, "HELP HEEEEEEEEEELP! OMG IM GOING TO FAIL!!!"

now i dunno about u, but that gets annoying scrolling through that many posts to read one that relates to u. So we made this thread so that ppl can come inhere and "ask for assistance". No one has actually used this thread, they've kinda gone against it.

but ok whateva. drama exam today and ppl are freaking out and that's fine.

skillo is NOT trying to make people feel bad and i don't think she has made anyone feel bad. she's just trying to clear up the forum a bit and make it more friendly for everyone to use and help the mod.

all of the forums (practically) have "help" threads such as these, to keep everything organised.

it's a friendly environment. so chin up, smile kids :) drama will be all over as of 3.30pm this arvo.

have a great day and Good Luck :D

400miles

Skillo said:
Oh for christ sake. Stop trying to start a fight. I posted this in response to some requests that were coming through earlier this year. I understand what you're saying...but I don't agree with it.

As for...'Who am I to be saying this'? Someone who has been around on this forum for a long time and contributed a lot...so don't try that one on me. This is the first time I've seen both 400miles and EzzMaye post on this forum...I feel kind of offended considering what I've done for some people on here.
I didn't realise that by contributing a lot means you can also be really insulting and shut down other people, such as people asking for help. Just because I don't post on here often doesn't at all make my opinion invalid. I wasn't trying to start a fight, I thought you were already doing that in your posts. It's because of those posts that people who need help won't ask for help and thus will end up doing a really shitty exam. Think about that. You're going to be fine in your exam, others aren't - don't make things worse for them.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
400miles read my post above ^^^

PLAY NICE

You all have valid opinions. but LISTEN to one another before striking.

If there's a valid excuse, ie. teacher didnt teach properly then ok, we're all willing to help out. Skillo is making a point of those people who do shit all work and then expect people like us who work hard to give it to them

come on guys, i'm sure u know of people like that in ur classes. don't they irritate u?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)