aspects of physical journeys (1 Viewer)

parallel vision

FIRE UP!
hey, ive got 4 columns:
journeys of necessity
journeys in search of..
journeys of discovery and exploration
and the impact of the journey

i need to put each of the BOS texts into one of the columns, any help woudl be greatly appreciated, and it will come in handy for anyone else when linking texts

elmostar

hello
i am quite unsure of your question but feel sorry for you coz noone has answered your question ( i know how it feels ...noone will answer mine!) so i'll give it a go
i think the road not taken would be necessity because we all come to those points in our lives where there are two paths , theres nothing we can do to escape that
the ivory trail is in search of , or prehaps discovery..but i'd say in search of
wind in the willows is discovery and exploration
journey to the interior is in search of
journeys over land and sea would be discovery and exploration
and i am unsure of the blood on the tracks...
well i am probably wrong but there ya go anyway
cheers

parallel vision

FIRE UP!
thanks alot, other then the ivory trail, which i had as discovery, we had the same, so i think im on the right track..i had a look at your thread aswell but aint read it so cant help, sorry, but thanks

elmostar

haahah thanks, i feel a little better now and not totally rejected.hope i was of some help, goodluck with it.
catchya

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Journeys over land and sea could also be impact of the journey because the article talks about how the explorers discovers changed societys view of the world! how the impact of physical journey of exploration on humankinds knowledge and world view. does that make sense? my teacher said it anyways! Blood on the tracks doesnt really come into any cateogry .. its just describing the road genre and giving examples it could bein search of ?? i dunno just a random guess.. the last one The Town where time stands still that would probably be in search of because it talks of what motivates a person to go on journeys.. sorry i havent been much help! good luck!

cephren

...My only advice is to use THE TOWN WHERE TIME STANDS STILL for the In Search Of column... the GENII LOCI mentioned in raw definition refers to PERFECT PLACE(s)... the perfect place in society, culture, fulfilment etc that we all search for... quote 'LIKE AN IRRESISTABLE FORCE' as a technique (similie) that brings about emotions in the reader - that we relate so well to it - and the similarity that we are also drawn to the piece through the use of such language... use the last line BLESSED AND ALTERED as a reference to what we yearn for (which can tie in with AN EXTERNAL GEOGRAPHY TO ACT ON OUR INTERNAL PSYCHOLOGY)... *NOTE* ...comment on the POETIC QUALITY of the short piece... (if i made mistakes here - sorry - its all from memory... im using this thread as a kinda study page... the best way I find of studying is trying 2 help/teach others... it works... really...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)