Assesment: help in writing a creative short story. (1 Viewer)

Charlie_B

HSC
hey, i was wondering if anyone has got any good links or books that have good stories related to inner jouneys or physical journeys, or both (where the physical journey develops the inner journey). My class is studying inner journeys, but for the creative short story part it can be about any type of journey, i.e. imaginative, inner and physical.

any help on this would be much appreciated. this is for my assesment task, which m pretty sure other yr11/12 ppl are doing.

m having trouble writing a creative story (never was a good writer) i just want a few other stories to base my writing on. :)

thx

:confused:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
I think the best kind of creative peices come from your own experiences. For a homework task, i wrote about my journey to the Golden temples at Thailand. The teachers/markers love any story that have to do with learning about the composer's culture.

Charlie_B

HSC
yea m not much of a religious or cultural person...still waiting for som linkies tho :)
m not gonna copy paste it cause our teacher do an internet search for everyone...i just want something that i can use to get me off the ground

*zara*

zozo2nv
HSC
N/A
i went to the young leaders thing 2 last week and it was really good Mathiew Reilly was dere and hes areally good writer and he talked abit about creative writing and all and he said make sure you putl your imaginative cap on and some how connect it with youre experiences and have a few twists and turns to thrill the reader but wat he emphasised was that you will get areally good mark if you have a mysterious twist at the end of your short story coz thats what markers look for they dont want you to give them the whole description of the obvious stuff instead you should let the reader go on their own imaginative journey that allows them to visualise wat your saying and of cource understand the whole thing but also get shocked at the end of it !!!!!!!!!!
hope thatll help alittle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)