Assessment Block 1: Marks, Ranks and thoughts. :) (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Now that we have all just survived the first assessment block, first term of year 12 and essentially a quater of our last year of high school, what are your thoughts? Reflecting upon what you have done this term; Do you plan to up the ante? Maintain the same pace? Slow down in order to prevent burning out?

In the spirit of the old preliminary "what are your marks" thread, post up your assessment marks, ranks and thoughts. :)

Let me take the first step and post mine. They're not crash hot but here goes anyway.

Biology - Mark: 81% Rank: ??? Weighting: 11%
Thoughts: I got exactly the average mark in the whole cohort so like my mark, I am neither dissappointed nor happy about the mark. I definately need to improve.

Chemistry - Mark: 14/16 Rank: 43/53 Weighting: 11%
Thoughts: I am pissed off that I lost only two marks and am now ranked 43rd...nah but all I have to do it try hard for the big fish i.e. Half Yearlies and Trials.

English Adv. - Mark: ??? Rank: ??? Weighting: 5%

Physics - Mark: 81% Rank: ??? Weighting: 11%

2U Maths - Mark: 95% Rank: ??? Weighting: 15%
Thoughts: Well I'm pretty pleased with this mark as I'm usually prone to a lot of silly mistakes which sot me a lot.

3U Maths - Mark: ??? Rank: ??? Weighting: 15%

4U Maths - Mark: 63% Rank: ??? Weighting: 20%
Thoughts: I'm probably ranked dead last. :(

Well I believe that I have not really put in the effort that I could have so my New Years resolution is to put in maximum effort thus what ever I achieve will truly reflect what I am capable of.

Have a nice holiday everyone! :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:) some good marks there, shinigami - well done.

But to those you might of thought they didn't so well his term there is still plenty of time for you to get your marks 'up there' and pull your ranks up during the half yearlies and trials most noticeably.

But this term I am sure has given you an insight of how different preliminary is to HSC and how peoples opinions and how they treat school changes. Just remember stick with what works for you and enjoy your final year of schooling.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
pritnep said:
:) some good marks there, shinigami - well done.

But to those you might of thought they didn't so well his term there is still plenty of time for you to get your marks 'up there' and pull your ranks up during the half yearlies and trials most noticeably.

But this term I am sure has given you an insight of how different preliminary is to HSC and how peoples opinions and how they treat school changes. Just remember stick with what works for you and enjoy your final year of schooling.
Great encouragement and advice there pritnep. :)

Aren't you glad that for you, it's over and done with? :p

SoulSearcher said:
Won't be getting results back until next term, so it's gonna take a while.
Well I'll just have to wait till next year to see all your 1st rankings. Five bucks says you come 1st in 3U. :p

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Cough it up, I'm not doing extension 1 maths again :D
Damn, you got me there.

*Hands SS $5 in cookies*

What about 4U? You topping that?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Great encouragement and advice there pritnep.
~shinigami~ said:
Aren't you glad that for you, it's over and done with?

Thanks :). Yep, I certainly am very glad it's over. Especially when I come on the 2007 HSC forum and read about all your worries and stressing about exams\assessments and everything knowing that is all behind me and won't have to do that every again, well for school anyway.

Now knowing my UAI and HSC marks, I know I have achieved my best result and far beyond what I was expecting so very pleased all in all and made the cut off for my 1st preference course by a long way so :D.

But please 07ers make sure you enjoy the holidays but similarly if you have major works and assessments divide your time keep it well balanced don't waste all your time on schoolwork.

~shinigami~ said:
Well I'll just have to wait till next year to see all your 1st rankings. Five bucks says you come 1st in 3U.

Easiest $5 you will ever make. Pretty safe bet. ;)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Pfft, not likely :uhhuh: Test is next term, so we'll have to see then ;)
Well you have 5 weeks to study for it. You better get like 254%!!! Nah kidding.

Everyone enjoy your holidays, I'm outta here for a while.

Beege

HSC
IPT - 88%, rank 1/9 - Weighting 10%

General Maths - 82%, rank dunno probably somewhere between 5-20/60 ish - Weighting 15%

Software - 68%, rank 2/12 - slightly disappointed with this one but I'll do better in my half yearly next term - Weighting 15%

Business - haven't got this back yet but I reckon I got at least 80% for it because I did a draft of the report before the assessment and the teacher really liked it. - Weighting 15%

English - haven't got this essay back either, hopefully I get at least 60%, I suck at english i'm getting tutoring, english is a UAI killer. - Weighting 10%

But overall I'm pleased with my results so far

Last edited:

IceOnFire

HSC
The only results I got back are:

Physics: 15.5/20, 77 something %, Ranking: God knows now.. with so many people getting 17 and 18s, I am probably somewhere below halfway. Weighting: 15%, which means i got 12/15.
Thoughts: Definitely dissappointed. Screwed up my graph. But what can you do, I will work harder I guess.

Maths Ext 1: 50/50. 100%. Ranking: 1st. Weighting: 10%
Thoughts: Happy. :) But on the other side, its only worth 10%, and the next test is worth 30%. Plus there are people right on my tail so I must work hard..

Maths Ext 2: 48/50. 96%. Ranking: 5th. Weighting: 10%
Thoughts: I was happy at first, then I realised there's one person who got 100%, and 3 people who got 98%.. :mad1:. Making me 5th along with this other guy.. meh.. still happy though. I am drooling now just imagining how much it will scale.

Thank god its the holidays!! Very anxious about my English speech results, and I think I will be getting my business and eco back as well when school starts.

Good luck to everyone for their first assessment results!!!

ballin

Banned
HSC
i got some of my marks back, although no ranks yet:

English Adv : ??? - worth 15% (i screwed up so hard!!! grrr praying for double digits)
Modern Hist : ??? - worth 15%
English extension doesnt have any this term yay :D
Maths2u : 90% - worth 10%
Physics : 90% - worth 15%
Business : 95% - worth 10% (refer to my thread in the Business Studies forum to see how pissed off i am about two of the questions)

I felt like i was burnt out after year 11. i didnt work to my full potential in year 11 but i did go pretty damn hard and its kinda depressing to finish a year of schooling and be hit with HSC assessment tasks just before the big break. I wonder if anyone else felt this, it was hard to be in an assessment acing mood. Ah well, theres always next year ;)

falcon07

HSC
English Adv Speech 19/20 Rank: ??? Weighting: 15%
2 unit maths 50/50 Rank: =1/140 :) Weighting: 15%
Maths ext 1 64/67 Rank: ??? Weighting: 15%
Chemistry Exam 35/40 Weighting: 9%
Chemistry Speech 18.5/20 Weighting 9% Overall rank =1/63
Physics Exam 28.5/30 Weighting 5%
Physics Prac 32/34 Weighting 10% Overall rank ???
Latin Continuers 14/15 Rank ?/10 Weighing 15%

Still waiting on German speaking results, but I think I did well in it. The competition has increased a lot now that some of the bludgers have started working. I'm glad I will never have to do an English or Chemistry speech again!

Megson

HSC
English Advanced: 13/15 (87%) Rank-3/19
Happy with that, I've worked my way up from 7th at the beginning of the year

Mathematics: ?? Rank- 2or3/9

Mathematics Extension 1: ?? Rank 5or6/6
Everyone above 5th is in 4 unit

Physics: 19/26 (73%) Rank-3/3
Pretty disapointed, I ran out of time, plus the two other people doing it are in 4 unit

Chemistry: 15/15 (100%) Rank-1/9
couldn't ask for anything more

Biology: ?? Rank-1or2/7
I ran out of time a bit, so hopefully I'll go okay

redom

HSC
had a preety dissapointing first term....i thought i'd be more motivated considering its the hsc year and all, but i guess i'll make up for it.

English Adv-22/25...(w-25%)..r..1/17
Bst 94% w-10%...r..1/26
eco 100% w-10% r1/13
maths-100% w7%
mx1...(DAMMIT!!!)...60ish%...w7%..r 4/12.....(emphasis the DAMMIT)
mx2...got put back till next term...YAY:D

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Congrats to everyone :D

As for me, I've only got back 2u maths and English speech + reading/writing task...2u doesn't count, so bleh. And English was crap - very, very bad. And I prepared so much beforehand :S Oh well. >.<

And I'm not sure about my other assessments either :S Don't think I did my best in them, but won't find out exactly how badly I did till next year...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Wow, a very impressive start guys! Congrats to everyone's great results!

Keep it up :)

Megson

HSC
I agree 3Unitz that Physics is completely different to four unit.
In this case, the assessment was fairly mathematical, and thus since they are much more mathematical and both smarter, it was harder for me to keep with them on this particular assessment. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)