Assessment concern hsc (1 Viewer)

bacha05

HSC
Hey, i have a biology assessment task coming up soon that goes towards the HSC and the exam has preliminary content. Apparently, you can not be assessed on preliminary content in HSC assesssment tasks, is that true?

Thank you.

kev-kun

HSC
It shouldn't directly assess your prelim content, but the syllabus does state that your prelim content is assumed knowledge. You sure its not like skills or knowledge picked up from prelim and applied to HSC?

bacha05

HSC
It shouldn't directly assess your prelim content, but the syllabus does state that your prelim content is assumed knowledge. You sure its not like skills or knowledge picked up from prelim and applied to HSC?
Well he did say that i will be assesing you on the microscope, which is preliminary conent, that is the history of it, technological advances, ect. My HSC topic i am being assesed on is maintaing a balance, more specifically, effect of carbon dioxide on pH and locomotion of xylem and phloem, which i believe has no direct link to the microscope.

Fred2013

HSC
Well he did say that i will be assesing you on the microscope, which is preliminary conent, that is the history of it, technological advances, ect. My HSC topic i am being assesed on is maintaing a balance, more specifically, effect of carbon dioxide on pH and locomotion of xylem and phloem, which i believe has no direct link to the microscope.
just rote learn it if you want the marks

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think teachers can always justify that the scientific skills-i.e. conducting and writing up an experiment as well as second hand skills-like determining reliability, validity, accuracy, analysing data are common skills shared by preliminary and HSC area-if in doubt, perhaps seek clarification from your head teacher or from board of studies syllabus document

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
the sneaky way of doing it for all subs is that they ask questions which are on your HSC syllabus but require an understanding of the preliminary content to answer it correctly as you might need to use the correct terminology.

timeflies

HSC
what Phaze said ^ if you know what topics the assessment will be on you can look up definitions and quickly revise some of the prelim terminology to use in the assessment and im sure you will be fine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)