assessment help! (1 Viewer)

skyby

HSC
gather, process and analyse information from secondary sources to describe ways in which drinking water can be treated and use available evidence to explain how these methods reduce the risk of infection from pathogens.

i have to do an A4 pageof stuuf on that and i have no idea how to tackle the problem at the mement... neone willing to share notes or help me out??

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
From HSC online site:

1.Contamination of drinking water is a common way for pathogens to enter the body.

2. Gather information from your local water supply authority or the Internet to find out the ways in which water can be treated and the range of pathogens that are targeted.
NSW drinking water supplies NSW Environment Protection Authority http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/soe/soe2000/cw/

3. Process your information by recording a description of each water treatment method and by looking for trends and patterns in why they are used.

4. Information to get you started

Examples of water treatments are filtration, chlorination and ozone filtration. In NSW water is filtered, chlorine is added to kill bacteria and samples are tested for the presence of coliform bacteria, giardia and cryptosporidium.

5. Use questions as an effective processing technique to focus your attention when looking for trends in information sources. Some examples in this case might be “Which microbes are controlled by the treatment?”, “Which microbes are not controlled by the treatment?” and “What combination of treatments can be used to make a water supply safe for drinking?”

6. Use the evidence you have gathered to propose logical explanations of how each form of water treatment protects people from the target pathogens.
Hope this helps.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i would think there would be heaps of info out there because of the desalination plant the govt is intending on building :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)