Assessment - Militarism (1 Viewer)

shimmer205

HSC
Hi guys,

I have a modern history research paper to write, but I am having trouble getting started..
The topic I am investigating is the growth of militarism in Europe leading up to WW1.
I'm finding it hard to find books and websites that talk alot about militarism specifically. Can anyone recommend any sources??
Maybe this topic is too broad for a 2000 word essay. I was thinking about focusing on the growth of German militarism.
Any tips or guidance on how to begin the task, or find some reliable sources would be much appreciated!

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
umm naval arms race between germany and britain?
countries thought it one country increased their army, they needed to to keep the "balance of power"

HSC
Never fear!

Okay, concerning militarism:
What you have to begin with is what caused militarism?

Britain at the time was a great power due to her colonies which had consisted up 25% of the world during the time.

After the unification of Germany in 1872 and France 1861 were the few powers who sought to imperialise other nations in hope of gaining the prestige and wealth that britain had.
France manly focused on SE asia on the cotton and latex plantations whilst germany sought to imperialise predominately northern Africa.

Actually lets cut it short, Germany had threatened Britain's naval power supremacy in the prospects of "WeltPolitik". Thus Britain was forced to come out of "splended isolation" and sign alliances with France and Russia which of course was the Triple Entene, this in effect had counteracted The Triple Alliance od Aust-Hung, Ger and Italy. Furthermore, arms were building up there were increased tention and antagonism between the two due to (as previously stated) colonism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)