assessment ques (1 Viewer)

jimmik

HSC
hey was wonderin if anyone has info to help meh for my chem assessment comin up. it's an in-class essay where u can bring up to 10 sheets of notes but the hard part is finding the info to start wif. so here goes:

*identify, given a flow chart, the sequence of steps used in the solvay process and describe the chemistry inolved in:
1.brine purification
2.hydrogen carbonate formation
3.formation of sodium carbonate
4.ammonia recovery
*discuss the environmental issues associated with the solvay process and explain how these issues are addressed
*use available evidence to determine the criteria used to locate a chemical industry using the solvay process as an example

the first point is fine but i cant find info for the last two points. anyone help plz? greatly appreciated!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
try going to science.uniserve.edu.au
they have some pretty good links related to almost the whole course

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jimmik
*discuss the environmental issues associated with the solvay process and explain how these issues are addressed
*use available evidence to determine the criteria used to locate a chemical industry using the solvay process as an example

the first point is fine but i cant find info for the last two points. anyone help plz? greatly appreciated!
we did the exact same. i used 1/2 bullsh*t and 1/2 conquering chemistry

jimmik

HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
we did the exact same. i used 1/2 bullsh*t and 1/2 conquering chemistry

wat exactly did u write? plz help meh?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jimmik
like i said, first go to conq chem... then just sorta expand on it using the solvay process.. talk about problems associated with waste disposal (what can they do with all the calcium something produced?) etc... you can also bring in the australian solvay plant as an example. chem teachers love examples.

jimmik

HSC
yeh i know, dats my option. jus need a few resources for it tho. any ideas? apart from chemistry contexts 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)