Assessment Task - Hormone Replacement Therapy (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Hey all,

I was given an assessment today and l have to design an information pamphlet or poster on hormone replacement therapy for people who have difficulty or who are unable to maintain their appropriate water and salt levels in their blood.

I have to concentrate on the role of aldosterone and its hormone replacement, along with the importance of the therapy for the normal functioning of the body.

I would appreciate any extra information you might have to help me with this. All help is greatly appreciated.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
this is straight from syllabus...

addison's disease: shrinked adrenal cortex causing the inability to produce aldestrone - important to maintain body's salt/water level...

the patient cannot regulate their own salt/water content... if not treated, is susceptible to dehydration, drop of blood volume, drop of blood pressure...

artifical hormone called fludrocortisone is used as a replacement.. you need more info than this, but this may give you some head start on where abts to research... =)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
this is straight from syllabus...

addison's disease: shrinked adrenal cortex causing the inability to produce aldestrone - important to maintain body's salt/water level...

the patient cannot regulate their own salt/water content... if not treated, is susceptible to dehydration, drop of blood volume, drop of blood pressure...

artifical hormone called fludrocortisone is used as a replacement.. you need more info than this, but this may give you some head start on where abts to research... =)
Thanks xaio. I have searched it and l have found http://stress.about.com/cs/cortisol/a/AddNIDDK_2.htm this page but your little info there is basically a summary :). Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)